Fuji Lens Control Error, 18-55

kajitri

The 18-55 kit zoom with my XE-1 started showing a malfunction message of "Lens Control Error" today, out of the blue. I sat down to download the latest firmware update, turned the camera on, and there it was. The camera is disabled. I took it in to Pictureline this morning, where it was purchased 12/2012. A new lens on my camera body worked perfectly. My lens on a new camera body generated the same "Lens Control Error" message. The lens appears to have no auto-focus or manual focus function. They indicated that they have not had any other 18-55 lenses brought back for this reason. I assumed that the lens would simply be replaced, but not so. It is being sent back to Fuji for them to assess and decide whether to repair it or replace it. Unfortunately, I am leaving the country in a week and really need the camera. We'll see what the turnaround time from Fuji will be...

In the meantime, does anyone know whether the custom focal length setting to put in when using a regular vs Speed Booster adapter and an old SLR lens is the actual 35 mm focal length of the lens or its equivalent focal length when used with our APC sensor? So is my 50mm SLR lens to be put in as 50 mm or 75 mm, for example?

Back