Leica Lens ideas for the fall

mike3996

Legend
It's getting easy to maintain exposures and it'll be 6 months when the problem arises again. Outside at least.

There are so juicy lenses out there now, not sure what to do with myself :)

Some (wild) ideas
  • Voigtländer 21/1.4 Nokton
  • Voigtländer 35/1.4 Nokton Classic MC v2
  • Voigtländer 35/1.2 Nokton v3
  • Leica Summilux 35/1.4 pre-ASPH
  • 7artisans 28/1.4
  • TTArtisan 21/1.5
  • TTArtisan 35/1.4
So many great choices out there. The more expensive on this list are CV 21/1.4, CV 35/1.2 and the Summilux.

21 mm

The new Voigtländer 21/1.4 is a stellar performer but I can't help but wonder if the TTArtisan variant at 1/3 of the price would be a more "atmospheric" candidate for my uses. I have the just about perfect CV 21/3.5 when there's light.

There once was a time I was considering the Leica 21 Summilux at a cool 4400 € used. Those crazy days are gone, for now.

35 mm

Plenty of interesting ideas! The TTArtisan one I'd have to cross out immediately because it's a big hulking lens. Adapted on Leica SL or some other mirrorless body it'd sit nicely but not in front of an M.

Leica 35 Summilux pre-ASPH sure has that character but paying big money for an in-many-ways-flawed lens doesn't feel too good.

Given that I have my 35/2 it can be tough to select a companion that's "only" a stop faster. Both of these Voigtländer Noktons render stellarly and the brand new third iteration of the f/1.2 Nokton is sure to perform. Hope that we get more reviews about the new lens during the summer.

Back