Manual Lens Lens Identification

Seamus3900

Regular
HI, I picked up this lens from a charity shop (thrift store) the other day for 10 Danish Kroner or $1.50/£1.20 . At first I thought it was some kind of CCTV lens I could use with an adapter on my Pentax Q or Fuji camera but I can find nothing about it. It is called Coyal f3.5 and looks like 75mm, it has a screw thread and has a circumference of around 37mm. Could anyone here please let me know if they know anything about this lens and if it can be adapted to be used on any mirrorless systems?

Here are a few pics of it but they are not great , sorry.

Thanks
James

Attachments

• Coyal 3.5_75.jpg
    Coyal 3.5_75.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 202
  • Coyal 3.5_75_1.jpg
    Coyal 3.5_75_1.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 172
  • Coyal 3.5_75_2.jpg
    Coyal 3.5_75_2.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 175
This is most probably an enlarger lens for 6x6 cm negatives, it looks like it has LTM thread mount. It doesn't seem to have any means for focussing, so you'll need a bellows for LTM lenses or use a bellows with another mount and buy an adapter converting LTM to said bellows mount. There are also adapters with helicoids, eBay is your friend. Image quality can be quite good if you stop down a lot, like f/11 or f/16, which is often necessary anyway to get appropriate depth of field. If you have to get a bellows or helicoid adapter, you'll be spending a lot more than what you paid for the lens.

Here's an example of a setup with a similar lens on an LTM bellows with LTM-to-Emount adapter.
20140729-021.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hi,

Thank you very much for this and you are 100% correct it is an LTM fit, I had an LTM to Nikon Z adapter which I never thought about until after I posted this, sorry should have thought about that and it fitted perfect but as you said it will not focus although gave some nice out of focus abstract shot which I liked. Seems like i will be hitting Ebay later then to see what bellows or helicoid adapter I can find for it, I am not too bothered about it costing more as it seems very interesting but I will look for some cheap chinese ones off ebay just to play around with. Thank you again this is very much appreciated

James

Back