Advice Wanted Lens recommendations for A7C?

Have you ever used one? Did you like it? Asking because it's currently on sale for $289. That's pretty cheap for a compact-ish 1.8 prime.
I have it and I really like it. It’s sharp enough at f1.8 and it’s a nice all around longish focal length. I also have the
Rokinon/Samyang 35/1.8. Those two lenses are all I need for 90% of my photography. I ended my Sony full frame experiment in July when I got the Fuji GFX 50R. I plan to keep some micro 4/3 stuff and the medium format. I haven’t gotten around to selling the Sony stuff yet.

Edited to add: If anyone is interested I’ll sell either one for $250 shipped. Just PM me. The first one to go will get the lens station for updating firmware. There’s also an A7ii to be sold.

Last edited:
I know this is only one example but every time I use my Tamron 28-75mm f 2.8 G2 I am amazed of the image quality it gives me, on a 42 MP sensor which is very taxing on any lens.
OVI03898.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is slightly cropped in low kitchen light (by a window) wide open at about 1 meter away.

1669590871285.png

Magnified 400%, I can see myself in the eye and the structures are from the contact lens that also changes her eye colours from brown to blue, hence the blue dots, defracting light.

The 40/2.5 went back to the rental company today. It was all-around nice, but being a recent 1st-party release, the price is still high.

DSC00553.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I have a trip coming up. I'd rather take my M4/3 kit, because I know the controls better. I'll look into what to buy for Sony E at a later time. For now, I have just the A7C and no lenses.

Back