Fuji Lens shade, why am I still waiting

Landshark

PhotoDog
Jul 15, 2010
SoCal
Bob
While others have complained about this or that little annoyance with the X100, I find the camera a lot of fun to use and love the image quality but I am dying without a lens shade, how hard could it be to make and sell them. Please Fuji get your accessory stuff together, not batteries, no case, co filter adapter, no shade!

Burkey

All-Pro
Apr 18, 2011
Northern New England
If you don't mind paying a little bit extra Dirk at Japan Exposures can get the hood and adapter pretty fast. He got mine for me and shipping was fast and affordable. I gave up waiting for B&H and took the advice of another forum member. Good luck.
. . . David

Andrewteee

All-Pro
Jul 8, 2010
The accessories often take longer. The Olympus battery for the E5 camera started shipping about 6 months after the camera was released.

BBW

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Jul 12, 2010
Philly, Pa
The hoods ok. I use it but love the profile of the camera without it.
My brother is a machinist. He has my hood. I gave him specs as to what I want.
I want to be able to put it on in reverse when not in use.
He will either redesign mine, fabricate a new one or destroy mine.
I'll know in a few days and will inform all if it works out.
He's good at what he does but, he's my brother so one never knows.

Reactions: BBW

Burkey

All-Pro
Apr 18, 2011
Northern New England
Don - if it comes out to your liking you should recommend he run a "John Milich"-type of operation. John is the guy that mills adapters and lens flanges for coding non-Leica lenses. He's a incredible machinist.
I actually sorta' like the way the hood looks but would prefer it was reversible too. Good luck.
. . . David

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom