Rookie
hi everybody,
I just got an x-e2 and would like to practice
street/travel photography being
less intimidating to people.

which lens would you suggest for that?

thanks a lot,
marco

I use only pancake 27mm lens and very happy with it: small, sharp, light, inexpensive. You can also consider more expensive 18mm pancake: small, light, sharp and wider, i.e. potentially better for landscape.

It depends on how you see the world. The 27 is an excellent street photography lens, but so are the 23 and 35. It is important to get a lens that corresponds to your vision.

Totally agree. The major advantage of 27mm is a small factor: I can keep camera with attached lens in a pocket of my jacket.

The 18, 27 and 35mm primes are all quite small and don't look intimidating.

Obviously, the wider the angle, the closer you have to get to people, which can be quite intimidating by itself.

I also recently acquired an X-E2 and have been using it with the 23 and 35. Both of them are excellent for street photography. Partly it depends on what you want to shoot. The 3 gives you a little more reach, while the 23 gives you a little more 'width'. I haven't tried the 27 but when I was using Sony cameras I had a 30mm lens which was my standard lens for most things - it's a nice half way house between 23 and 35 and the Fuji one is nice and compact. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

Back