Fuji Lenses you have run across with great "character"

Nokton 40/1.4

I'm a big fan of the Voigltander Nokton 40/1.4 on the X-Pro1 or XE-1/2 cameras. I've also been impressed with Fuji's m-mount adapter. From a local craft fair this afternoon. Nokton 40mm, ISO320 processed in LR.
. . . David

Attachments

• Burklyn Craft Fair JULY 2014 (1 of 1).jpg
    Burklyn Craft Fair JULY 2014 (1 of 1).jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 300
Pinkham & Smith Visual Quality Lens, X-T1

Some time ago I acquired a Pinkham & Smith Visual Quality 3 inch lens, made for the motion picture industry. P&S was famous for large-format soft-focus lenses made for the Pictorialists.
The lens is stamped "Gillies Visual Quality"; I have found a reference stating that J. Wallace Gillies, of Pinkham & Smith, adapted the lens for the motion picture industry.
The lens will cover full-frame 35mm without problem. The lens is tiny, with ~34mm mounting threads. The seller claimed that this lens came from the collection of Joseph Walker, ASC, who was Frank Capra's cameraman. He filmed "It's a Wonderful Life", among many Capra films.
I mounted this lens in a gutted Nikon Series E 50mm lens body, and use it on the X-T1 with a Nikon adapter. It certainly has that glowing Pictorialist "character"...
20140527-_DSF3839.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Some time ago I acquired a Pinkham & Smith Visual Quality 3 inch lens, made for the motion picture industry. P&S was famous for large-format soft-focus lenses made for the Pictorialists.
The lens is stamped "Gillies Visual Quality"; I have found a reference stating that J. Wallace Gillies, of Pinkham & Smith, adapted the lens for the motion picture industry.
The lens will cover full-frame 35mm without problem. The lens is tiny, with ~34mm mounting threads. The seller claimed that this lens came from the collection of Joseph Walker, ASC, who was Frank Capra's cameraman. He filmed "It's a Wonderful Life", among many Capra films.
I mounted this lens in a gutted Nikon Series E 50mm lens body, and use it on the X-T1 with a Nikon adapter. It certainly has that glowing Pictorialist "character"...
20140527-_DSF3839.jpg

Wow, it's got some wonderful soft glow to it!

Well, since my last post on this thread, I've acquired an X-Pro 1 and just got the adapter for my 1953 50 f2 Summicron. It's two years younger than I, but is still performing closer to its prime than I can manage these days. There's a quick grab of my dog Ellie from this afternoon.

DSCF0937_v1-X2.jpg

Back