Fuji Lenses you have run across with great "character"

I am quite happy with my Voigtländer M 75mmF12.8, Zeiss 180mmF2.8 MM G C/Y and Helios 44M-4 58mmF2. All quite unique and different in character.

The Nikkor 105mm 2.5 Ais has wonderful balanced color and bokay on the fuji XE1. Just something special about this lens, great on film and/or digital.
Dennis.

there arent many portrait lenses better than my biotar 75/1.5. considered one of the great all time portraits, it has the creamiest, softest bokeh while retaining a biting sharpness and zeiss pop.

I don't have an X-Pro or XE, but a like a couple of my really old screw mount lenses on digital bodies (EM-5 in this case). The lenses are a 1946 90mm Elmar, single coated which yields a really lovely result, especially for portraits. It's sharp, but the contrast needs to be upped in post processing, usually by deepening the black to get a good dmax. And the 50mm collapsible Summicron from 1953 is awfully nice, sharper with a better coating, in spite of some cleaning marks to the front element. Famously delicate glass but a wonderful lens. Both do better with a hood, not surprisingly.

there arent many portrait lenses better than my biotar 75/1.5. considered one of the great all time portraits, it has the creamiest, softest bokeh while retaining a biting sharpness and zeiss pop.

I'm curious on how that lens renders!
You should start a tread in the Adapted Lens Sample Image Archive!!

nope, like i said, i get my xp1 monday. ive only shot with the x100. i do think, being apsc with no AA filter, the gxr gives a pretty good idea of how the lens renders, including thr special bokeh. i doubt the xp1 will show a noticeable difference...could be wrong. we,ll see.

nope, like i said, i get my xp1 monday. ive only shot with the x100. i do think, being apsc with no AA filter, the gxr gives a pretty good idea of how the lens renders, including thr special bokeh. i doubt the xp1 will show a noticeable difference...could be wrong. we,ll see.

Cool, enjoy your new X-PRO1!
I love using it and hope you will too!

I'd have to say the Pentax 77mm f/1.8 Ltd.

FA77f1.8_black.jpg
FA77f1.8_chrome.jpg

It not only renders wonderful images, but it's lovely to hold and handle. Given its compact size and metal construction, it will be quite at home with the native Fuji lenses it now lives with. Yes, it has a pull-out hood. And why yes, it's available in black or silver to match your Fuji X body ;)

I'm dying to try it out on the X-E2, but B&H are being reeeeeally slow to send me the Fotodiox adapter I ordered; I thought it would be quicker to order from them than from e-bay Hong Kong...but no! :D

Anyone noticed how many of us like lenses in the 75mm range? I really enjoy that focal length on APS-C for portraiture. (That doesn't mean I won't want the upcoming Fuji 56mm f/1.2 :D)

ive a big fan of old zeiss lens and love its "rendering". Doesn't always have the smoothest/creamiest bokeh but that's what I love about them. I currently have the following that I also use on my Canon 6D:
- c/y planar 50/1.4
- c/y distagon 25/2.8
- distagon 35/1.4 (rollei mount with 3-blade aperture)

Also, Rokkor 58/1.2 has great 'character' as well :)

I don't have examples from a Fuji camera, but two of my favorite adapted lenses for any system I've used are the M42 mount Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 50mm f1.4 and the C-mount Fujian 35mm f1.7

I would have to say any of the 58 mms from Helios (44M,44M-..., 44-2) - wonderful swirly bokeh! And of course any Pentaxes (Takumar 50/1.4, Smc-a 50/1.7) or Meyer lenses for their sharpness, smooth colour and bokeh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the Carl Zeiss Jena (M42 mount) 35mm Flektogon, 50mm Pancolar, 135mm Sonnar

Here's a few B&W I just shot with Flektogon:

13419774353_b91af3bba4_b.jpg

13419775333_8498cf389c_b.jpg

13420026214_dcd651f34b_b.jpg

I've got some strange glass in my boxes but if I had to name one special character it'd be the 45mm Contax G Planar. I just love that lens. Sharp and contrasty as it gets with some really surreal bokeh. Definetely not my first choice for portraits. Here's a sample @f4 (note the weird swirls and that X-Ray look):

View attachment 20447

I use an adapted Tokina AT-X 90mm f/2.5 macro which certainly has a lot of character.
Wide open this lens may exhibits purple fringing on some high-contrast subjects, but this disappear altogether by f/5.6. In any other respect this is an excellent lens and I find it a joy to use with X-mount cameras. I wrote a review of this that can be found here:

Tokina AT-X 90mm f/2.5 macro on X-E1

Back