Let me introduce myself with some first pictures...

Pim

Regular
Name
Pim
Hello all from The Netherlands! I have been a member of the M43 site for some months (using Oly E-PL2 and E-PL3), have learned a lot and seen some great pictures. Just out of curiosity I bought a NEX 5n today to see what that can do for me...so decided to join this site as well. My favorite subjects are landscapes, architecture, cityscapes etc.. and preferably in black and white these days. I thought I would post some of my recent pictures as a start (still taken with the Oly camera's, hope to give the NEX a good work out soon).

For all the NEX owners out there, how do you rate the kitlens? I am not sure yet if I want to keep that one (bought it because I found a very good deal on the body plus lens, basically paid only 30 euro or so for the kitlens vs body only) or maybe have a look at the new Sigma lenses, they seem to get very decent reviews. I was thinking of maybe getting the Sigma lenses to make a compact NEX outfit, and keep my Oly zooms for the M43 gear...

Anyway, and now for the pics...:) Taken during a recent trip to London.

P4081336-Edit.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
P4081410-Edit.jpg
P4091505-Edit-2.jpg
P4081477-Edit.jpg
P4091531-Edit.jpg
P4091526-Edit.jpg

Welcome to the forum Pim!!

No longer have the NEX, but I thought the kit zoom was vastly underrated, just like the 16mm. I've seen some wonderful photos from both lenses.

The nex kit lens is great for a kit lens , but as i've read on various sites, the silver version of the lens is quite a bit better then the black one from the nex 7

I too come from micro 4/3 and prefer the nex 5n quite a lot more, esp. with the nice lenses coming now (50mm sony, sigma 19 & 30mm, ...) and the GREAT iso performance

G'day from Down Under mate and welcome aboard (y)

With images like that Pim I reckon you're going to like it in these parts. mu43 seems more about the kit while this site is more weighted towards the images. Just avoid some of the recidivist GAS junkies on here ;)

Hope you join in the Weekly Challenges...

The nex kit lens is great for a kit lens , but as i've read on various sites, the silver version of the lens is quite a bit better then the black one from the nex 7

I too come from micro 4/3 and prefer the nex 5n quite a lot more, esp. with the nice lenses coming now (50mm sony, sigma 19 & 30mm, ...) and the GREAT iso performance

Thanks Wolf, I will go out today and give the new NEX and the kitlens a bit of a try.. I am thinking maybe that will actually make a nice combo for when I just want to travel light and take the one lens. Most of my pictures are within that particular FOV anyway (from light wide-angle to light tele), and I am sure it will beat the PEN plus Kitlens in that respect, as they are about the same as far as specs go, but of course I can benefit from the Sony sensor. I could keep my PEN kit for when I don't mind taking some more equipment, the NEX line up does miss something there at the moment (like my favorite UWA 9-18 or light and small telezooms).

Anyway, hope to post some first NEX images soon...:)

Pim, welcome!

Your third and fifth images are my two favorites - very otherworldly and a bit reminiscent of Close Encounters of the Third Kind...or maybe that's because I caught a few minutes of that movie last night? Either way, they're very powerful and intense - which I like. :drinks:

I love your pictures.

I bought the kit lens fairly recently from another forum member and I've barely had it off the camera since. That said I still play with a lot of Canon FD glass when I want to do things manually rather than using the 18-55. I did a night shoot which the kit lens just couldn't cope with but the FD was magnificent and allowed me to concentrate on the shot, not the camera.

Look forward to seeing more of your stuff
Heather

Hey everybody.....play around with scrolling screen and stare at the first image. It looks like the ferris wheel is spinning. I'm gonna try this again tonight after a couple beers.
btw, welcome!

Back