Let's catch a bus

the blood bus.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The Blood bus, if the blood donors cant make it to a hospital, the hospital comes to you!

View attachment 391230

The Blood bus, if the blood donors cant make it to a hospital, the hospital comes to you!
Jens, that's a very sensible idea.

I'm A+, and so is SWMBO. However, I can't even do autologous transfusions anymore, because of taking Warfarin. A+ is not particularly rare here (about 20-25%), but the blood bank is almost always short of it because it's relatively scarce, but common enough to be in chronic short supply.

Interestingly, a Japanese friend told me that most Japanese people are AB, which is a pretty rare blood group here.

Anyway, enough rambling.

I encourage everyone who can give blood to do so.
The life you save could be your own ...

A+ is not particularly rare here (about 20-25%), but the blood bank is almost always short of it because it's relatively scarce, but common enough to be in chronic short supply.

Interestingly, a Japanese friend told me that most Japanese people are AB, which is a pretty rare blood group here.
Snap, I'm also an over=achiever (A+) :) and my late mother was AB. As you say, not very common.

@JensM's Blodbussen reminded me of this mobile clinic seen in 2021 during the pandemic in a small outlying village

WB_FUJZ9932 Philadelphia DisChem mobile clinic.jpg

What Americans take as standard and don't even notice is often different to those visiting from overseas. Like these school buses. Those Freddie Kruger Nightmare on Elm Street horror films from the 80s always make people of my age group where I come from do a double take every time we see one of these. They stand out.
Bus1.jpg

Back