Daily Challenge Let's have a Challenge in April 2020 - but what will it be?

Okay, just to let you know: I think things are pretty clear, and I'll set up the challenge formally on Tuesday.

One question that I'm still not entirely sure about: I found the ten-day threads in January quite nice to use - but we're quite a few people participating, so the threads may get pretty long. I don't mind that, but I'd like some more opinions on that.

Other than that, I'd like to thank everyone for their opinions and insights - and thanks for voting!

M.
Single day threads stay shorter and alow sorting later for searching etc. Just a thought.

I think 10-day threads will get a bit long. Weekly would be better IMHO. Daily would be shortest, but then you'd end up with 30 threads, plus any additionals for out-takes, end of challenge, etc... I'm ok with whatever is decided.

Last edited:
Have we decided on one image per day with an outtakes / alternate image accompanying thread?
With me in the driver's seat, the outtakes/alternates thread(s) is/are a given.

I'm fine with daily threads - it's a good way to keep things tidy. The one point against them would be that not everybody is going to post daily. But that's not a big deal, I even think that people with less posts get more feedback in daily threads.

How about that: If the daily threads turn out somewhat empty, we can switch to 5- or 10-day ones?

M.

Last edited:
The thing I like about having several days (10 is obviously too long with this many people, though) in one thread is returning to the same thread to see conversation and new images. I'm not sure why some think that scrolling through 30 different shorter threads is easier than scrolling through 6 slightly longer threads that encompass 5 days each.

I don't care one way or the other. But I feel like those weeklong ones (when I was not participating) were ones that I really enjoyed following along with and I feel like there was a lot of camaraderie in them. Maybe I'm misremembering.

One thing I'm not crazy about is having 5 or 6 active threads because everyone is on different schedules. To me (and maybe it's only me), it seems like more work to keep up with different threads.

I'm fine with whatever the consensus may be.

With me in the driver's seat, the outtakes/alternates thread(s) is/are a given.

I'm fine with daily threads - it's a good way to keep things tidy. The one point against them would be that not everybody is going to post daily. But that's not a bid deal, I even think that people with less posts get more feedback in daily threads.

How about that: If the daily threads turn out somewhat empty, we can switch to 5- or 10-day ones?

M.
Ok by me.

Back