Fuji Let's start talking about the X-Pro 3

Ooh TIFF output sounds like a dream come true!

I wish someone could confirm this. The user manual is not out yet, and this bit from the review is slightly vague (could mean the pre-existing tool where you link the camera with you machine where it's already possible to create TIFF files but by per-file basis).

The X-Pro3 --- gains the ability to output TIFFs if you want a highly editable file with the camera's color already applied.

I wish someone could confirm this. The user manual is not out yet, and this bit from the review is slightly vague (could mean the pre-existing tool where you link the camera with you machine where it's already possible to create TIFF files but by per-file basis).
The DPR review says (under "What's New and How It Compares"):
"The X-Pro3 brings a couple of additions to its processing arsenal and a couple of refinements to its existing functions and gains the ability to output TIFFs if you want a highly editable file with the camera's color already applied." It's not listed in the specs but they do say it explicitly.

The DPR review says (under "What's New and How It Compares"):
"The X-Pro3 brings a couple of additions to its processing arsenal and a couple of refinements to its existing functions and gains the ability to output TIFFs if you want a highly editable file with the camera's color already applied." It's not listed in the specs but they do say it explicitly.
Daggonit!! Now this makes me want one.

I’m still very much on the fence. There things I really like about the Pro3. But my Pro2 is doing everything I need well. And I’m starting to lean towards preferring to have the d pad.

I still have an X-Pro1, sold my X-Pro2 and, as previously mentioned, am awaiting the "3". The "2" performed very well for me but there are a number of reasons that drove me to take the plunge for the "3". The flip down screen, unique as it is, was one of the primary reasons along with the allegedly improved optical viewfinder.
I will post thoughts as soon as it arrives and I have a couple of days to make some images with it.
. . . David

I had a used Xpro1 (latest firmware) but preferred the EVF to the OVF. I've used EVFs for a while and that's just how I work now. It certainly removes one of the big benefits of the XPro series for me. Oddly, the one big attraction of the XP3 was the flip down screen.

Last edited:
I had a used Xpro1 (latest firmware) but preferred the EVF to the OVf. I've used EVFs for a while and that's just how I work now. It certainly removes on e of the big benefits of the XPro series for me. Oddly, the one big attraction of the XP3 was the flip down screen.
I'm an ardent bike trail rider and indoor "spinner". I turn the big "7-O" in a couple of weeks and my right knee has just about met its match. The flip down view finder on the "3" may help me out a bit getting framing from near ground level and not causing my knee to make odd noises when I'm getting up. We'll have to see. ;-)
. . . David

Back