Fuji Let's Talk Bags

I shall wade into the fray here just to say how much harder it is to find a suitable bag as a female :) There are a few companies making bags aimed at women but for some reason they seem to think that we want things in bright purple or yellow or a combination of the two....... :disgust: Also, whilst being expensive they manage to look cheap and nasty at the same time. I'm a 7st 5'3" lady of a certain age and I can't be weighed down with a bag bigger than me. I know a lot of professional women photographers will probably use the man type bag but what about the more casual among us? I've been looking for a bag to take two different bodies at least with usually, 3 lenses. I'm talking Fuji XE1, EM5 sized proportions. I found this one, you can order your own customized fabric but I can't really know how useful it will be Leather Camera Bag Gold Leaves Mirrorless Compact by PorteenGear

Have you considered just purchasing a camera insert and simply placing it another bag? I find this method to be great, especially if you want to carry non-camera related items as well. I have a small Domke insert that holds my X100S and accessories that I can just drop into my work bag, my daughter's diaper bag, or a dedicated bag I have for camera gear that also has a pull out insert I use for my 5DII + lenses. I really like the versatility of doing it this way.

That's what I did on my last trip. I took a leather shoulder tote and lined it with a padded sheet. I only had one padded inner which just about took the RX1 with the viewfinder attached but it was very awkward with the extra lenses all piled up at one end and the XE1 and 60mm stuffed lens down at the other. I also lost a little plastic battery cover which was annoying but probably got knocked out of the bag at some point. I made up my mind to find something better for next time. Also, the guys didn't want to carry my bag over the harder parts of the hikes we did, they said I should've gotten a rucksack but I think I'd find that useless for swapping cameras as much as I do!

This the one I went with (although mine is navy) Amazon.com: BBP DSLR Camera Insert, Make Your Own Camera Bag - Orange: Camera & Photo it will hold my 5DII, and acessories, 2-3 extra lenses and my X100S. It fits in three different bags that I have that it can either completely fill or fit in with room to spare around it for other items. It may not be the size you are looking for, but I know there are plenty of listing on Etsy for custom inserts.

Back