Let's talk !

Grant, I am so relieved that Doreen has your day planned.;)

The hanging didn't proceed as planed but was substituted with a drawn, quartering, and boiling event. The last thing I did in the garden was to pull out some rhubarb. I then dice it up, boil with vanilla sugar ad some fresh orange juice and sever it with yogurt laced with maple syrup.

You might say the condemned man ate a hardy meal :)

Rhubarb! I'm so envious. No one here in Georgia has ever heard of rhubarb - can't get it anywhere. On our last trip to Germany we bought a packet of seeds to see if we could grow some for next year but we were a bit late planting it.

Rhubarb! I'm so envious.

Be careful of what you wish for because once rhubarb is established you will have enough to feed all of Georgia. It has been called the old man of the garden because once pestablished it is always there. Best thing to do is to plant them those seeds and start listening to them germinate.

Rhubarb is a wonderful food, I suspect it is very British or at least popular with their spawn. When rhubarb is up I use it as a substitute for all sorts of fruit event to the point of substituting rhubarb for apples in pork recipes. Jamie Oliver has two cocktails made with rhubarb and tomorrow I am buying some bubbly to try one of them.

My grandfather grew it in his garden so I grew up with rhubarb tart, rhubarb crumble, rhubarb jam, rhubarb and apple, rhubarb and strawberry. Wonderful stuff.

Even if it does take root in our garden we are only going to be here for another year and a half so we'll be able to bequeath it to the next inhabitant. Maybe they could start a small business supplying the expats.

My sister used to live on a farm in Ohio, and that's where I first fell in love with rhubarb, though, come to think of it, my father always liked rhubarb but in a "stewed" form which wasn't that attractive to me. The leaves are poisonous, aren't they?

P.S. Oh, Paul - I am sorry about your tooth.:( It's raining over here, too.

Hi everyone. Right now I'm watching Formula 1 racing. Alonso is leading the race, Vettel is #2. Sun is shining, it's 23C (73.4F).
I have set-up my Sigma DP cam, not charged the batteries fully yet.
Have to figure out, can I use the VF11 finder on a DP2? I need a VF21.
Still waiting for the Sony Bloggie 3D...

So this leaves me with the question: What are you doing?

Can you believe it ... going from race leader for 18 or so laps and then finishing 5th, but lapped by the race leaders. Ferrari needs to work on that car! Was hoping Hammy would pass Seb at the end. But for some reason the DRS + KERS wasn't enough to get the McLaren past the RBR at the end of the race.

Finally got around to moving my pictures from my trip to Paris and Amsterdam from my Mac Book to my IMac. Now for the sorting and processing.

But off to stew the rhubarb I just bought in the market first. Overcast but no rain here - yet.

Finally got around to moving my pictures from my trip to Paris and Amsterdam from my Mac Book to my IMac. Now for the sorting and processing.

But off to stew the rhubarb I just bought in the market first. Overcast but no rain here - yet.

Did you get one of the new iMac's? :)

I often do think of getting a larger monitor...it must be my aging eyes.;) (I'm on a MacBook Pro 15 incher)

Congrats Kathy - that is a big deal and though it may seem daunting (I am still just culling through my herd from our daughter's graduation which pales compared to your trip), you'll feel so good when the good ones are all up and ready for viewing! Here is a nice glass of wine for you, if I recall that's your drink of choice.;)

P.S. Was it Grant who got you to thinking about rhubarb?

That's fine re the little early, it is for me, too, but please make sure Bill puts it on my tab.

The rhubarb sounds good. The plant has a very scifi kind of look to it, to me.

Back