Life Changes

Terribly sorry to hear about your loss and sorry I didn't notice this post sooner.

Cancer sucks.

Hour by hour, day by day is all we can do. Remembering those that have past is important. Sometimes doing things we use to share helps us remember the good times better.

Be kind to yourself Tim and do what you feel is right. But remember on this forum we also like fun, out of focus, what on Earth was he thinking when he pointed his camera at that, mundane, quirky, cats, dogs and tractors type of photographs too. Ones that are technically bloody brilliant, some times! So, from us, no pressure to nail the image. We don’t come here to share the “likes”, we come here because it’s a great community.

Have to admit I’ve never been to a car race before. What kind of race was it?

Karen these are Trans Am cars. They are very fast and a lot of fun to watch.
Trans Am Start.jpg
Corvette Bridge.jpg

That looks good. I can’t remember why but I had been reading about the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series thinking those crazy Americans were racing huge RVs around a track but was disappointed that it was just pick up trucks. Not that I don’t like pick up trucks but racing with RVs or while towing caravans sounded much more exciting! I have been thinking about going to see car racing the next time I am in America as it would be something new/different for me.

Last edited:
Well if you come to Sebring, Florida in March you can see the premier road and Endurance race in the U.S. Sebring 12 Hours. There will be over 100,000 people there and the cars are a lot faster.
View attachment 249882View attachment 249883View attachment 249884

In Scotland, due to the Covid restrictions, I am not allowed to leave my own county, never mind the country. In fact I need a really good excuse just to leave the house. I was supposed to be doing a road trip from Denver to Seattle this year but it’s unlikely the Scottish Government will lift the international travel restrictions in time for me to go. I’ve learned to be patient over the last year. Obviously not through choice. I do take comfort that pandemics don’t last forever and some day soon we will get our freedom back. I’ve been to a few places in America but I’ve not been to Florida before. We almost booked it once, years ago, for Disney, but somehow ended up in Egypt instead. Is March a good time to visit Florida?

In Scotland, due to the Covid restrictions, I am not allowed to leave my own county, never mind the country. In fact I need a really good excuse just to leave the house. I was supposed to be doing a road trip from Denver to Seattle this year but it’s unlikely the Scottish Government will lift the international travel restrictions in time for me to go. I’ve learned to be patient over the last year. Obviously not through choice. I do take comfort that pandemics don’t last forever and some day soon we will get our freedom back. I’ve been to a few places in America but I’ve not been to Florida before. We almost booked it once, years ago, for Disney, but somehow ended up in Egypt instead. Is March a good time to visit Florida?
March and April are usually Spring break for College Students so I would say no except for the racing crowd.

Wow. I don’t have any tradition that I can think of. They must be good though or they wouldn’t be drawing you back. Do you ever get the opportunity to get into the cars? Have you tried racing yourself?

LOL I have smaller dreams. I bought my dream car last year, a Smart Fortwo Coupe 1.0 Passion. Definitely no racing in it, unless the passenger gets out and pushes!

That does look nice though.

My condolences for your loss, there are no words to make this aching time better for you. Years ago, when my soul mate photography muse died suddenly, I was unable to find enthusiasm for photography - or anything much, but then I took up kite flying for a while, and found solace in that. May you find solace in something, too, in time.

Back