Life, the universe and everything

Irene McC

Legend
I just found out that the person who introduced me to Billingham bags died in 2021.
Which led me to musing about life and stuff...

I got a friend request from somebody I don't know on Facebook and our only mutual friend was the departed Jonathan.
I thought - oh, that's a name I haven't heard in a while and went to look on his page - no new posts. Went to look at his
wife's page only to find out the sad facts of his passing (no idea whether it was covid, but it was during the pandemic)

He used to trade in analog photographic gear - had a great inventory of interesting items (including the Big Billy Bag!
I bought the 550 from him many years ago)

They have a daughter Olivia, like one of our (also sadly no longer with us) cats.

Okay - as you were. But a bit of a memento mori

I have a similar story about a photographer friend from Germany. Used to talk with him and share photos all the time. Met him through B&W work on 500px. That became a friendship which lasted several years. After he had gone quiet through his normal social media outlets, my dad reached out to his son. And found his battles with illness took its toll.

I have a similar story about a photographer friend from Germany. Used to talk with him and share photos all the time. Met him through B&W work on 500px. That became a friendship which lasted several years. After he had gone quiet through his normal social media outlets, my dad reached out to his son. And found his battles with illness took its toll.
Comes to us all, one way or another, Bobby.
Sooner or later.

We all have the same lifespan -
We are born; we die; we have one life in between (my elder sister, Jane, who died of breast cancer at 43 y.o. told me this).

I probably should have died before I was a year old (severe allergies). Dear old Mother Nature has made quite a few serious attempts on my life since then, yet here I am still, at 76 y.o. Battered and bruised, but still breathing.

Life is short, and we're dead an awfully long time, so do the best you can with it, everyone.

Battered and bruised, but still breathing.
An Indian friend of mine keeps saying: Just tell yourself again and again during the day that 'you are not breathing, you are being breathed'. With no effort from yourself can you make this breathing. It's some Higher Forces which are ensuring that this life-breath keeps you running. And when they stop it, no medical guru can bring you back to life.
So consciously enjoy being breathed.

Back