lighthouse in the storm

roicead

Rookie
went to outer banks a few months ago but never really made it there. this is roanoke marshes light, located on an island on the way to the main road through outer banks. when i finally made it to rt 12 it was flooded out and unpassable. so i turned around and went back to the lighthouse. the rain stopped just long enough to grab a few shots and then i, and the x-t1, were thoroughly soaked by the time we reached the car.

4.jpg

fuji x-t1 & 10-24mm @ 19mm
1/125
f/8
iso 800
handheld

thanks killramsey. there really wasn't a whole lot of warm colors out. everything seemed to be muddy brown, murky blue or white.

Love that lighthouse and yours is a beautiful stormy view of it. We were down there recently, as well. I'm sorry you didn't make it farther down on to the "real" Outer Banks. Manteo, however is a great little town.

Lovely shot and colour. Good story with it as well. and razor sharp to boot. I'm sure this spot looks fine on a blue skies day, but I think this is a more interesting shot, and likely a rarer view only the enthusiasts out shooting in bad weather, the tourists wait for Sunny days ;)
I've gotten drenched on more than one occasion myself trying for a shot (nothing with fuji yet but a few from the pit when covering events in a downpour)

Love that lighthouse and yours is a beautiful stormy view of it. We were down there recently, as well. I'm sorry you didn't make it farther down on to the "real" Outer Banks. Manteo, however is a great little town.

thanks. i hope to get back down there soon to finish the trip. i've been through manteo before, it's definitely a neat little town that i'd like to explore more. i'd love to see some of your shots of the outer banks.

Nice shot, love the subtle colour and the moody sky behind.

thank you.

Lovely shot and colour. Good story with it as well. and razor sharp to boot. I'm sure this spot looks fine on a blue skies day, but I think this is a more interesting shot, and likely a rarer view only the enthusiasts out shooting in bad weather, the tourists wait for Sunny days ;)
I've gotten drenched on more than one occasion myself trying for a shot (nothing with fuji yet but a few from the pit when covering events in a downpour)

thanks. i tend to get my best shots on moody, cloud filled days. maybe i should start taking prozac.. ;) i bet pit shots in the rain are pretty interesting, i don't envy you for that particular job though.

Great range of colors. These cameras are amazing, There is almost a 3 dimensional quality to the image.

Very Cool.

Al

thanks and yes, the fujis are wonderful little beasts. i originally bought the x-pro 1 back in 2012 as a small walk around camera for times when i didn't want to take my canon 5d mk II. a year later i realized that i took less than 50 photos with the canon since i'd gotten acquainted with the fuji so i sold the canon gear. i haven't regretted it yet.

Back