Lightroom 3 for $199

olli

Super Moderator Emeritus
Name
olli
If you haven't yet discovered Lightroom or have been put of by the $299 price tag the good news is that until the end of May you can buy it direct from Adobe and get $100 off the full price.

Just add it to your cart and then enter promotional code 5LT100M. (via 1001 Noisy Cameras)

Unfortunately the code only works for the North America store but while checking to see if it would work in the UK store I did notice that there are some special offers on Photoshop Elements 9 and Premier Elements 9. Sorry, but I couldn't find anything for our friends in Australia.

If you are a registered Elements user, you can buy LR 3 for $99.99 through May 14. Contact Adobe for more details. I have received mine from Amazon for $99 shipped.

Hope this helps,

I contacted Adobe and here's what the online rep. told me about upgrading from PS Elements 8 to LR 3, "I wish I could give any discount or promotion codes. Unfortunately, we do not have any promotions running now. We are really sorry about that. However you do have the option to upgrade to Adobe Photoshop CS5."

Thanks Otto. Any advance on $99?

Olli,

Not sure what you are asking. I believe there is tax and shipping when getting it from Adobe. I received an email from Amazon with the offer since I had recently purchased PSE 9. I paid no tax, or shipping, from Amazon, and the final price was $99.99. Several folks received a similar email offer from Adobe, but if you are a registered Elements user, you can call Adobe for the deal without having to have received the "official" email.

Thanks Otto. Excuse my confusing comment. I was just wondering if anyone out there had come across even better deals on Lightroom:)

I think the only price I've seen better is from the academic offerings, but I couldn't qualify for those. The difference is only about $10, if my memory is correct.

Back