Fuji Lightroom 6/CC available now

Albatroz

Rookie
Adobe has just updated its Lightroom App to version 6.

This article gives a nice overview of the new functions and changes:
What's New in Lightroom CC / 6.0? | The Lightroom Queen

Unfortunately there are no reports of improved X-Trans support...

Lightroom 6 can still be bought as standalone product (if you do not need Photoshop not the additional Cloud features this seems to be the cheaper version).

If you want to subscribe to the CC/cloud there is currently a special offer for Fuji customers (valid until April 30):

Adobe Creative Cloud

I haven't installed version 6 yet, but I'm looking forward to your experiences!

I'm likely and very grudgingly going to go to the Cloud version. Why? I have PS 5.5 (and the rest of CS 5.5) and LR at home. However, now PS requires legacy Java software to run, and it's only going to get worse. It's also getting more disconcerting with upgrades to PS at work and then going back at home and having things in very different places. And then there's things like ACR that aren't fully updated for my old PS.

So.. as long as that bundle stays $10/month, I'm likely going to go that route, but if they try to change, I'll quickly by the latest stand-alone LR that I can find, and live on that.

(or maybe just give up and use Apple's new photo App.. if it's still available by then...)

I use the CC. Like this more than buying every time a new version. And you do not need to use the Cloud function. Only connect your computer once a while to the net and verify your Lightroom Photoshop license.

The new feature with the brush on the ND filter I really like. And off course that it is faster...

Back