LightRoom Question

BillN

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill
I would like to ut a written caption on some of my images, i.e. the name of the bird

Is it possible to do this in Lightroom in the develop module ....... I can do this in the print module but it is long winded and really messy

or I have to flip out into photoshop or Elements to do this

I'm pretty sure it's not possible in develop mode... you're probably best off doing it in some dedicated photo editor (LR is at its core still a raw developer, although it's been getting more and more editorial features).

Thanks guys

that's a bugger!!!

almost worse than trying to ID some of the birds I saw in SA, particularly the bloody Canary!!! ......Canary's or is it Canaries

If you use the print module, you can caption the shot and print to a jpeg file, that'll do the trick, I used this trick for greeting cards.

If you use the print module, you can caption the shot and print to a jpeg file, that'll do the trick, I used this trick for greeting cards.

Yeh, I know that but it is really messy - quicker to do it in Elements, (if you have it) - I flip them out in jpeg batches - you can also do other suff easily in Elements like borders etc, (which is not possible in LR), tarting the images up etc., .... and it's only about £50 ........ pity there is not some kind of LR "plug in" for PS Elements - is there? anyone know?

Yeh, I know that but it is really messy - quicker to do it in Elements, (if you have it) - I flip them out in jpeg batches - you can also do other suff easily in Elements like borders etc, (which is not possible in LR), tarting the images up etc., .... and it's only about £50 ........ pity there is not some kind of LR "plug in" for PS Elements - is there? anyone know?

Yeah that would be great, but adobe is taking great care as to not overlap their offerings too much...

I do as Bill mentioned above. Export to Photoshop (Elements) via LR. Do the border and save. It will automatically come back to Lightroom as a PSD file stacked with the original raw. It actually works quite well.

Gordon

Not sure if this is what you mean but it should be possible to set PSE as an external editor in LR. You do this through Preferences > External Editors > Additional External Editor.

Thanks Bill, tried that - it opens up the application, (Elements), but never the image - if I "edit with Elements" in LR - right clicking on the image etc.
?
but if I edit with Photoshop - the full version - it opens the image - strange?

I prefer Elements to the full Photoshop app as I just cannot remember how to use PS and find most of the things I need, ...... (must be my age) - Elements is much simpler and user friendly

maybe I have just not "ticked" one of the boxes when setting up Elements in LR as an external editor

Back