Sony Lightroom updated for RX100

Since there is a recent LR thread I will just pose my question here. So is LR 4 that much better than 3 and really.. is it a RAM hog or have they improved it. Windows 7 64 bit i5 should be fast enough yes? I already get some lag time, tolerable though, with LR3 when processing full sized raw files.

I already get some lag time, tolerable though, with LR3 when processing full sized raw files.

You should try using DXO, then you'd know about lag time! Enough time to make a nice cup of tea whilst one RAW image is processed. (Great result though). I run LR4 using Windows 7 with 3Gb of RAM and a Celeron processor, and don't find it a problem. Exporting the image to Elements to finish editing takes a while though, but then the RAW files from this little beauty of a camera are pretty big, especially if you export them as TIFFs! :D

I'm actually using the newest Aperture for serious deadline work. Surprisingly, it's become light years faster than Lightroom 4 in several areas, especially for imports. It has several portrait tools that are stellar and are not part of Lightroom, plus the UI makes Lightroom look like a clunky monster. I still use Lightroom for color matched jobs since one plugin doesn't work in Aperture.

Sent from my iPad using Srs Cmpcts

rpphoto said:
I'm actually using the newest Aperture for serious deadline work. Surprisingly, it's become light years faster than Lightroom 4 in several areas, especially for imports. It has several portrait tools that are stellar and are not part of Lightroom, plus the UI makes Lightroom look like a clunky monster. I still use Lightroom for color matched jobs since one plugin doesn't work in Aperture.

Aperture has been updated a few days ago to work with RX100 RAW files. I like the results at default settings more than I like Lightroom's result, and the import is so much faster (to the time you can view and work-on), cool! I've been photographing art museum events alongside my Canon 5D Mark II, and the results are equal for this kind of use. The skin-color matching tool in Aperture really helps unify the two file types from Sony and Canon, and I have found that the Sony is superior for ambient light photography with a nicer look for candid portraits. The Canon works best with a bounce or diffused flash, and the size of the Canon makes it more difficult to work discreetly when shooting Candids.

Back