Feedback Likes instead of Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer thanks too. As others have mentioned, I occasionally have thanked posts because I have appreciated the effort someone has put into some images or in formulating a written response. I sometimes thank kinds of processing that I don't in fact especially "like" (most HDR) because i recognize that it is skillfully done.

But as long as you don't have a button that says "Completely Satisfied" I'm good with whatever you decide.

Had to think about how this makes me feel, and more particularly what goes through my head when I press the button.

I think I thank far more than I like. I may in fact thank when I don't actually like. I never just like. I prefer to express considered approval rather than easy affection.

What I definitely do not like is anything to do with Facebook...

Thank you.

We hammered this to death, a year or two ago. And, "Thank" won out. My opinion hasn't changed. I don't "like" like. But, it's not my choice to make. The man that pays the bills, gets the final say. :)

How about "Like......Thanks", as in "Like...Thanks man". Or we could just "Meh"......or "I'm so like; and he went dah de dah and I goes,,,,,,,,"

Seriously though, am I bovvered, do I look bovvered? Nah, not bovvered/

The "Site Downtime" thread is, in my view, a use-case that perfectly demonstrates why [thanks] is my preferred option over [like]. In no way can I say that I liked either the situation or what Amin said, but I very much wanted to thank him for his efforts, and for keeping us informed.

The "Site Downtime" thread is, in my view, a use-case that perfectly demonstrates why [thanks] is my preferred option over [like]. In no way can I say that I liked either the situation or what Amin said, but I very much wanted to thank him for his efforts, and for keeping us informed.

Indeed.

"Like" due to facebook leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I know.. don't eat the button, press it. The point being on FB it always seemed like the lazy mans way of responding.. it felt ingenuine. Even that "Be sure to like me on facebook!" Nonsense.. you know.. add to my ratings.

I use "Thanks" to express gratitude for someone sharing a photo whether it is artful or just their sharing themselves as a friend. Hey here is my pet or this is the chair I made. I use it to thank someone for a thoughtful comment.. to agree.. for their taking time to respond to me even if they are telling me something unpleasant.. like your image is too soft or could be better composed. Do I like it? Not necessarily but I do appreciate the critique.

Not sure there is a perfect word to cover all and "don't like" buttons are unhealthy in a community. But I do prefer Thanks over Like. I suppose either way I will use the button... or just type a short thank-you if it is more appropriate instead. And maybe it's interchangeable nowadays.

I like Thanks.
Thanks,
Doug

"Like" due to facebook leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I know.. don't eat the button, press it. The point being on FB it always seemed like the lazy mans way of responding.. it felt ingenuine. Even that "Be sure to like me on facebook!" Nonsense.. you know.. add to my ratings.

I use "Thanks" to express gratitude for someone sharing a photo whether it is artful or just their sharing themselves as a friend. Hey here is my pet or this is the chair I made. I use it to thank someone for a thoughtful comment.. to agree.. for their taking time to respond to me even if they are telling me something unpleasant.. like your image is too soft or could be better composed. Do I like it? Not necessarily but I do appreciate the critique.

Not sure there is a perfect word to cover all and "don't like" buttons are unhealthy in a community. But I do prefer Thanks over Like. I suppose either way I will use the button... or just type a short thank-you if it is more appropriate instead. And maybe it's interchangeable nowadays.
Thanks.. I was on Facebook for about 5 days.. I didn't Like.. .. Oh Well.. new era. I don't "Like" the Facebook lingo gravitating here.. sheesh .. C'mon Amin.. just my 3 cents..
Thanks,
Doug

Thanks..

I'm testing out a new two-button (likes and thanks) system here at PL as well as at LeicaPlace. I may revert it and go back to Likes only. Definitely not going back to Thanks only at this time. Please let me know what you think of having both.

If we keep both buttons, I'll have to fix the mobile site. Tapatalk will likely not work for either button.

I like the use of "like" for letting someone know you like tier image or post and "thanks" for responding to comments or opinions on your posts. Never like thanks just because you like the image in a post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back