LL: The Best and Worst of 2012

serhan

Hall of Famer
A Totally Biased, Opinionated, and Irreverent Look at The Photo Industry's Best and Worst of the Past Year:
Best and Worst of 2012

Interesting read... Sigma has got the best and the worst. M43 and Fuji X Files got the intermediate. Sony RX100 is in the best category. He didn't talk about RX1 much. We'll see if the new year will bring the dream SC camera, full frame mirrorless.

Happy new years to all!

Serhan

Interesting read in whole, but what really tickled me was this:

Also, as Sigma undoubtedly knows, within the next 18 months one of the major sensor and camera makers is going to release an advanced multi-layer sensor which bypasses the Foveon patents, and at that point if Sigma hasn't re-established a competitive and refreshed X3 camera line the chances of success for future Sigma cameras are much diminished.

Anyone heard a rumor what might be behind this?

Interesting read in whole, but what really tickled me was this:

Also, as Sigma undoubtedly knows, within the next 18 months one of the major sensor and camera makers is going to release an advanced multi-layer sensor which bypasses the Foveon patents, and at that point if Sigma hasn't re-established a competitive and refreshed X3 camera line the chances of success for future Sigma cameras are much diminished.

Anyone heard a rumor what might be behind this?

I thought I read Sony was working on something like that?

Back