Local Art Communities

Country Parson

Top Veteran
Name
Dan
Last Spring I decided to associate myself with a group of local artists who have a community art gallery in our small town. I submitted for their jury process some of my photography and some woodwork. They were gracious to accept me into their small circle and I began showing work in the gallery. Although I have not generally thought of myself as an artist, this has been a wonderful experience. I encourage all of you who may be so inclined to look around your own area for such associations. They can be a source of encouragement, and a good place to develop new relationships, as well as the opportunity to remind the public that photography is a legitimate part of public art. You might even sell something. :) Most recently the club arranged for my work to be shown in a month long exhibit at the local Agri-Civic Center. The college where I teach has put up a press release about that which can be found here. Local clubs and associations can expand our horizons in more ways than one.

Dan, this looks like a very nice community art gallery, indeed. I did a search to find its home: Falling Rivers Gallery We're talking about very high quality work...I've been looking at the examples in their Smile Box gallery.

I've been thinking about taking a winter driving trip down to North Carolina - was thinking of the Outer Banks, but perhaps we can make a right turn and head out your way... I wish your exhibition was going to run through February!

Back to the gallery and your exhibit. If there's anyway to show us those photographs, I'd love it if you could give us a link. Any chance? In addition, I'd also like to add that it's great to be able to put such your face with your name, Dan. Now the next time you tell me about NowInStock's alert waking you up in the middle of the night, I'll be able to picture you reaching for your glasses in the dark.:D

Again, I'm impressed by the variety and quality of the artistry on display at Falling Rivers Art Gallery in Albermarle. Now I just want to see your exhibit!

Thanks, BB. Glad you were able to find the Gallery web site, and put up the link. Stanly County NC is not a rich county, and the city and county are blessed to have such a nice gallery. The artists themselves are a joy to work with, and to learn from.

Dan, that's so awesome!!! Thanks for sharing that link with SCC regarding your display. Now I know what you look like and even a little bit more about you. Very nice indeed. From now on, I will no longer use Columbo as my reference of what you look like! And that's a good thing (with all due respect to Peter Faulk)!

Back