Critique Wanted Local Late Winter

William Lewis

All-Pro
Name
William Lewis
Still getting used to the new to me Nikon D3200. I was originally looking for images to convert to black and white but today was so beautiful and sunny that the colors just are too good to give away. Thoughts on them are appreciated.
DSC_0191.JPG
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC_0204.JPG

DSC_0205.JPG

I like the simple, sparse composition of the third one.

and on number 2, I like the mystery of seeing the old building through the trees, but the frame is awfully "cluttered" on the right side. I think moving around and trying some different angles and/or getting closer to that building could have yielded some better shots.

And I've been to Hayward......"late winter" is April....not mid February ;)

Thank you. The Birkebiner race was this past weekend. I consider that the end of "winter" as such. :D

The third is the strongest of the day. There is no doubt about that to me either.
The second was the last of a number of shots at different angles. The rest had even more in the way, or the No Trespassing sign showing up, or other issues. Though I love that old barn (and others like it) there sometimes is only so much you can do from the road when you can't go on the property.
The first, though it is the "usual suspect" that I wanted to go out and shoot, is the weakest of the keepers. I have a fair number of shots of that trestle remnant but enjoy that one solely for the ducks down center.

Thanks again!

Back