Documentary Lockdown

Flew back from Sydney to my mother country the United Kingdom last Thursday. Australia is considered a 'Green' country for quarantine purposes, however as the plane went through Doha, a 'Red' country, I've been sent to quarantine in a hotel down the road from Heathrow airport. I really wouldn't recommend it! Had negative PCR tests before and after the flight with the final one being done on Friday. Assuming that also comes back negative, then I'm out on Sunday. They generously allow 40 minutes a day outside for exercise, comprising two 20 minutes bursts (20 minutes less than is allowed when you're in prison I believe). I won't talk about the food. These images are me just documenting the experience, mostly taken whilst on one of the two daily outside breaks. If the images look a bit grim, then that's because it is!

DSCF0144 copy.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
DSCF0150 copy.jpg
R0000793.jpg
R0000815.jpg
R0000817.jpg
R0000820.jpg
R0000822.jpg
R0000837.jpg

Sorry to hear about your plight, but well done in documenting it so well.

Do the knees in the 7th picture belong to a guard or to one of your fellow inmates?

-R
Thanks Richard, that’s a “guard”, whether it’s outside your room or out and about in the car park whilst you’re let out for your daily exercise, there’s about six of them to every inmate. I reckon someone’s previously done a runner!

More grimness from inside and outside. Apart from the last image below, which shows my key to escaping here which I will be doing tomorrow. Without that, I would have been facing a further 10 days in here. You can imagine the rising anxiety in the period between taking the second test and awaiting the result, emailed at 1am this morning, obviously I was awake to receive that, couldn't sleep whilst that was pending! Psychologically, I've been thinking of this scene in Oz
which I've been watching here (and make of that what you will), where poor old Beecher is finally being released from jail and gets driven off, only to awake from a dream he was having his jail cell, at least that last bit isn't applicable to me.

DSC_4148 copy.jpg

R0000921.jpg

R0000964.JPG

DSC_4150 copy (1).jpg

They let you out at midnight? That's the icing on the cake, isn't it? No public transport, highly inconvenient for anyone coming to collect you, and then you disturb everyone when you finally get home.

Have you dismantled the Corby trouser press yet? (that's an obscure Alan Partridge reference should you be interested) (actually, here it is, you probably need cheering up)

-R

They let you out at midnight? That's the icing on the cake, isn't it? No public transport, highly inconvenient for anyone coming to collect you, and then you disturb everyone when you finally get home.

Have you dismantled the Corby trouser press yet? (that's an obscure Alan Partridge reference should you be interested) (actually, here it is, you probably need cheering up)

-R
Not obscure at all - I’ve certainly counted the number of soap bars I’ve been provided with. Cheers

Back