Film Lomo LC-A 120

Name
Matt
Maybe the only affordable new MF camera that's not actually a toy camera.
full.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I actually managed to overlook that little fibre thingy again - will rescan before printing ...

M.

Thanks! The vignetting is a Lomography thing, I think; it could be corrected, but I'll probably keep it that way. I'll upload another example a bit later (btw. same piece of lint, same need of rescanning - but there's no time for that today). The lens also distorts quite a bit, but that's all part of the "fun" of using a 21mm-e that's put in front of a el-cheapo automatic camera. Considering all that, I'm pretty happy - or would be if the camera (my second one - the first had serious issues) would work reliably, which it doesn't - it needs really careful handling to avoid issues with the film transport and release, which somehow goes against the idea of wide-angle street/urban beast. I like the results enough to keep it, but wouldn't really recommend it in spite of its merits - too capricious.

I'll use it occasionally because it's quite liberating - but not often because it can be annoying.

M.

O-kay, bad news; the piece of lint was *inside the camera*; should have known this because it's hardly logical that the exact same shape should turn up on two different frames ... The white spots in the sky, however, have to do with lack of dust-removal ahead of scanning.
full.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

So, I *should* rescan this, but only if I ever decide to print it (somewhat unlikely - I'm still in showcase mode here ...).

M.

Back