Leica London & ICE-totally gaming convention.

Mr_Flibble

All-Pro
Name
Rick
I was in London for business a couple of weeks back. Every other year or so the bosses send me and a number of colleagues to the ICE-totally Gaming convention at the Excel. Personally, I hate the 2 days of stressing, getting on the right flight, getting on the right train, getting to the hotel, wondering what'll be for dinner and hoping against hope all the receipts add up correctly. This year wasn't any different, with an added bomb-scare on the way back to Antwerp Airport and 1 week of the Deadly Man Flu for desserts.

Good thing they weren't keeping tabs on us too much. One colleague and I managed to get in a bit of sight seeing.

I had brought along one of my Leica IIIc's and the pre-war modified CZJ 50mm f/1.5 Sonnar. The camera was loaded with Rollei RPX 100.
Film was developed in Rodinal (R09 one-shot) 1+75 for 25 minutes. Not the best results I've ever got. Sticking with 1+50 from now on.

1. Lottery Prize Lambo
ICE150203.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Good and Evil
ICE150205.jpg

3. Foosball champion Robert Atha
ICE150206.jpg

4. Keepie-Uppie record holder Dan Magness and Football Legend Paul Merson
ICE150207.jpg

5. 1.5-2 seconds at f/1.5, from the rail of Tower Bridge
ICE150208.jpg

6. The Girl and the Dolphin by David Wynne
ICE150210.jpg

7. HMS Belfast
ICE150212.jpg

8. Can we fly home yet?
ICE150213.jpg

Yes, the best parts of these conventions are the booth babes. ;)

Our big mother company had a bunch of young ladies dressed in stewardess uniforms serving "Mozartkugeln" to whoever walked onto the stand. Unfortunately the light was very poor.

I'm liking the Sonnar, but I've been trying to score a 50mm f/2.5 Hektor recently, but no luck so far. Got outbid by a few dollars on the last couple.

Back