London meeting THIS WEEKEND 3rd April

Ok, with sincere apologies to Andy - some other time! We are on for the 3rd of APRIL.

Agenda is to:

a) meet and greet (see below)
b) mooch and take photos
c) re-gather over coffee/ale/food
d) chat convivially
e) wend our way home
f) post images of the day back here

Venue:

I like the idea of a bridge-to-bridge walk as suggested above. Pete can you nominate a suitable meeting place to start?

Time:
I suggest a rendezvous at 11:00 gives people time to get into town

Attendance:
The more the merrier! If you haven't "signed up" yet, please feel free to do so!

I think that's it - Pete, if you let me know, I'll post venue details accordingly

Cheers Bill
Can I suggest we meet on the south side of Tower Bridge close to the stairs leading down from the bridge. We can then walk west towards Westminster Bridge taking in London, Southwark. Millennium & and Blackfriars Bridges and on to Hungerford and Westminster Bridges. There are plenty of places to stop for liquid and solids en route, you get the better views of London (HMS Belfast, Boris's Office, the Shard, St Paul's, The Gherkin, Cheese Grater, Walkie Talkie, London Eye etc. Plenty of interesting people to shoot too.

I will be the guy (17st, 6'3", close cropped head carrying an outrageous indiscreet piece of street shooting gear)

Shall we PM you with our contact numbers for the day?

Pete

Cheers

Thanks Pete, that sounds ideal.

So, to summarise:

3rd April 2016 @11:00AM South side of Tower Bridge, close to the stairs leading down from the bridge.

All welcome!

Would love to join you all but trains from Hereford are non-existent on Sunday mornings...plus we have friends visiting so I wouldn't be popular! Maybe next time. A chance to say hello and do some shooting in London would be great.

Would have definitely been up for that if I was in London at that time of year but alas, I won't be. In some ways, I'd quite like it if it does rain because you're bound to get some fantastic images in those conditions in that part of London with so many people about.

BUMP!

Please confirm your attendance if you have yet to do so. I've also publicised this on Macfilos.com and with some old friends from the Leica Forum so we should have a really good mix of people attending!

Bump!
To confirm:
SUNDAY 3rd April 2016 @11:00AM South side of Tower Bridge, close to the stairs leading down from the bridge.
I shall be there, easily recognisable from my avatar, or indeed from this recent image captured by my good lady wife whilst we were relaxing around the pianoforte in the drawing room at Palmer Towers...
36500548.46156d32.1024.jpg

Victorian Bill 2
par Lightmancer, on ipernity

Yay! Just had brekky beside the river.
IMG_20160403_100643.jpg

Y'know, I don't think that anyone, ever, in the entire history of civilisation, has looked at their Full English Breakfast and said "What this needs is a bit of garnish"...
pic_shot_1459673620566.jpg

o_O

Back