London Shard at night

deanmessenger

Regular
Name
Dean Messenger
Taken last weekend my first time venturing out with the fuji at night. Fatal mistake took tripod left the tripod mount at home so had to shoot all handheld though the fuji X-E1 perfomed amazingly. Taken with 18-55 lens

shard amazing.jpg

Absolutely brilliant! A very different look and feel to the London skyline. Well done, great detail and contrast, and well composed. Looks like a giant Dalek, BTW!

Now then, now then....now then. That is such a clean and sharp and clear shot of one of my favourite subjects. I have sold a few of my own panoramas'....but I am very jealous of this one. I wish...oh I wish I had taken it.

How diid you focus? Hyperfocal? I was out last night and slightly disappointed with detail in my Thames Panorama. I may put it down to vibration from traffic on Waterloo Bridge and distances involved. (my thread is on here too)

i used to do quite a few night runs in London with my old canon so familiar with shooting techniques, add to that setting the fuji up correctly helps.
I have mine setup with the following velvia, Raw mode , iso 400 with Colour 0, sharpness -1, highlight tone -2, shadow -2, Noise Reduction-2.

Shot was taken on Tower Bridge ( camera resting on the bridge wall as tripod mount was at home ( gulp scary made sure i had tight grip on strap ).

if i recall shot was taken with 15 second exposure on f8 but will need to check exif data later

Looks great and the camera has complimented your skill well, I like the bright area and reflecetion that acts as a great lead in line and the bridge that brings you round before the bank acts as a lead out line - great composition and looks like really sharp despite hand held.:D

Back