Long Exposure Photo Thread - Please add yours!

moonrise-qcy1611-087-1sm.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I rarely do long exposures. This was also one of a group of photos I tried light painting for the first (and only, so far) time.

Most other long exposure threads are restricted and limited by camera, lens or subject. There needs to be a general one in which people can post without having to fit any other category except long exposure.

Here’s an old one which I have probably posted somewhere at some time but memory fails so here it is again.
5EFE31F3-51E3-43A9-AFFC-A78DF441BAB7.jpeg

Last edited:
If one of the other Mods doesn’t do anything with this. I’ll look at moving the thread when I get home to a actual computer where it’s easier to do.

More than likely, this thread was started before the merger and got lumped in with the other stuff from the Fuji site.

I've probably posted these in previous years but would like to post them in this thread if only to demonstrate the fruits of 4 policies I decided upon in respect to long exposure which were 1) never shoot long exposure off the cuff, go out specifically to do it, 2) know exactly where you're going to go, 3) always use a tripod and 4) trust the camera and lens, if you can’t do that, don’t do it.

DSC_4500 copy.jpg

DSC_8937.jpg

Last edited:
I've posted these before, but it's one of my favorite spots. It was very cold that day and I had to take some significant risks to get to this remote location. I didn't even have to move the tripod; the first image is facing downstream, the second image facing upstream. Holly River State Park in Webster County, WV, USA.

DSCF7244BW.JPG

DSCF7238.JPG

Back