Longwood Gardens at Christmas, 2013

entropic remnants

Hall of Famer
Name
John Griggs
I took advantage of the "members only" night to visit Longwood Gardens which is a world famous botanical garden in my town. They go all the way wrapping everything in sight with lights and setting up other light installations.

I got some shots walking around with the very light kit of the X-E1 and the 14mm f/2.8 and 35mm f/1.4 -- one in my jacket pocket, one on the camera. Did a lot more with the 14mm despite the low light.

I'll add to these as I process them out but it's late tonight.

11183627985_3be4cf3741_b.jpg

Longwood at Christmas: Fountain of Light by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

11183798123_c65249de3d_b.jpg

Longwood at Christmas: Faux Pine by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

11183685314_fa95b82550_b.jpg

Longwood at Christmas: Dancing Trees by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

11183626385_d3946b0fb7_b.jpg

Longwood at Christmas: Exhibition Gallery by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

11183626095_9d3d035f28_b.jpg

Longwood at Christmas: Pretty Caroling Lady by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

I was a member there for a year when I was first getting back into photography, but that was in the early days of m43 and a month or so when I had the X100, but just an EP2 for the Christmas lights. Ended up shooting with a tripod, hated it, etc. I should probably go back sometime now that I have more capable gear. OTOH, I don't much enjoy that kind of shooting and you do it so well, probably I'll just check out your Longwood shots and call it a day!

Nice work as always John...

-Ray

Great stuff, John. Longwood Gardens was the location of our little regional Serious Compacts meet-up in May. The place is even more magical at this time of year. Worth going back.

It was? I thought it was up in New Jersey somewhere? I wouldn't have missed something that close to home if I'd known about it...

-Ray

Back