Sony Looking for images shot with A7r2, great 50mm's like Voigtlander

Right but do these lens also need uhm sensor modification as LensHacker stated, to function properly with digital bodies?
That was completely new to me.
Since I have never used RF lens on a digital body.

Closest I have done is Canon on a Sony body.
Or Nikon on Canon bodies.
And it didn't look like it needed any modifications on the lens to work in that circumstance.
The lenses listed are made for SLR's, which means large Flange distances. This was done to clear an SLR mirror. The light comes out of the lens at much more perpendicular to the sensor as compared with an RF lens: should be fine with the standard filter that Sony uses.

8322820529_5d683ff127_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
M Monochrom with Canon 50/1.4 FL mount by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

8285061583_e1fa32888b_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Canon 50/1.4, now RF Coupled by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

Another $30 lens, a Canon 50mm F1.4 FL mount. This lens has a very long light path, is very well corrected. At these prices- hard to go wrong.

Last edited:
The lenses listed are made for SLR's, which means large Flange distances. This was done to clear an SLR mirror. The light comes out of the lens at much more perpendicular to the sensor as compared with an RF lens: should be fine with the standard filter that Sony uses.

View attachment 125562M Monochrom with Canon 50/1.4 FL mount by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

View attachment 125563Canon 50/1.4, now RF Coupled by fiftyonepointsix, on Flickr

Another $30 lens, a Canon 50mm F1.4 FL mount. This lens has a very long light path, is very well corrected. At these prices- hard to go wrong.

Thats amazing.

“..RF lenses are designed for cameras with a short Flange distance- they are close to the sensor..”
.but the short flange distance of Leicas is greater than the very short flange distance of the Sony A7 ‘FE’ (and A9) cameras. That’s why an adapter can be fitted between Leica-fit lenses and the Sony bodies.

I am not sure still why there would need to be mods on RF lenses.
maybe wider ones or you lose some edge sharpness.

Back