Fuji Looking to join the Fujiverse

BAUtheory

Hello all,
First post. I'm looking to join the Fuji platform. I'll check out the cameras at my local shop once they are all in. My question is: Which camera do you think would be a good introduction to the system? I'm coming from Canon (40d) and will keep it for a while, but will eventually sell it, as I can only afford to maintain one system. I'm considering X-E1, X20, or X100s. Or any new versions of the cameras if they come out within 6 months or so (my time frame for the new camera). I considered Mu-43 too, but really like the images I've seen from the Fuji cameras. FYI-I shoot portraits, landscapes, architecture, take it in travel, etc. thanks for all the help!

Hi and welcome

Based on the type of shots you do I'd probably go for the XE-1 just for the reason that you can change lenses to suit what do you feel like shooting, as opposed to a fixed lens model. I got nothing against the fixed lens X models, in fact I think they're great, its just that being able to change from a wide lens to a portraiture lens (based on what you shoot) gives you a bit more versatility. Let us know how you go :)

I agree with Phoenix with one caveat. Before you make your final decision, see if you can try out any the Fuji's. If you decide on the fixed lens versions, you might go that route and keep the Canon, especially if its' resale value is below what you need.

Joe

To me (and everyone else has different feelings), the Fuji line-up of lenses is not complete enough for me to consider as a whole system. So I have chosen to go with the X100s as my main camera, and I keep a DSLR to do all the other stuff. If you don't need the funds from the sale of you Canon to purchase a Fuji, I'd go for a fixed lens Fuji. The X20 with a zoom or the single focal length X100 is a choice only you can make. But I feel like the being forced to live with a single focal length makes me a better shooter.

Back