Stroll Lost and found

EM532812.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M.

That's a jolly nice looking towel. Honestly @wee-pics - I've commented on this before - the people in your area are a very forgetful bunch!
You post the most interesting array of lost items. It baffles me how so much of these things just are left behind.
Well, Irene, it baffles me as much as it does you. But it seems to be one aspect of affluent society. People do not go back to look and search any more as we*re used to.

Well, Irene, it baffles me as much as it does you. But it seems to be one aspect of affluent society. People do not go back to look and search any more as we*re used to.
Yes you certainly must be right - here in South Africa with deeply entrenched poverty, anything dropped would be snatched and gone in seconds.
Even when not dropped, but helped on its way with the aid of knives and guns; but that's another story.

What I would like to know is what happens to all the stuff you find in your streets. Is there an organisation that collects and hands it out to the needy?
Or is there some lost items repository ? Your photos leave me shaking my head every time. So many still good and fine looking items just lying around.

Yes you certainly must be right - here in South Africa with deeply entrenched poverty, anything dropped would be snatched and gone in seconds.
Even when not dropped, but helped on its way with the aid of knives and guns; but that's another story.

What I would like to know is what happens to all the stuff you find in your streets. Is there an organisation that collects and hands it out to the needy?
Or is there some lost items repository ? Your photos leave me shaking my head every time. So many still good and fine looking items just lying around.
Unfortunately most of these forgotten items are collected by the local waste removals, some of them - especially those in good condition - might also find a new owner.

Back