Low Gloss LCD screen?

Does such a thing exist? I think camera screens are becoming more, not less, glossy, and really it makes no logical sense, because they become unusable during the day.

Just curious if anyone has come across a camera which has a screen that is NOT a PITA to use in the daytime, and which also has a decent zoom on it.

I agree they're a pain to use. The only solution I can think of would be a matte screen protector like you can get for your phone. some can be cut to size.

Gordon

I, too, would suggest a matte screen protector. I love the one I have from ExpertShield for the X100s. Cut to size, easy to fit and zero bubbles. ...oh and highly visible in strong light. Top product that I highly recommend - especially bought from Mainline here in Oz. I always show them my patronage. Actually there is nothing else I can buy for the Fuji from them ...I'm fully fitted out :blush:

Thanks, Mark. I bought my X100 stuff from them as well. Didnt see their screen protectors... will order tomorrow, on your recommendation :) Otherwise I'll be cutting down ipad antiglares I havent used.

[edit] Wait. They are all gloss... that doesnt seem to suggest antiglare...

Sue,

I'd recommend having a chat with Scott (Mainline manager) tomorrow. I don't have my box anymore, but I just looked at the screen again and when you shine bright LEDs (head torch) right at it - it subdues the light and you can almost see every LED cell clearly in the reflection on the screen - while it blinds you if you look at the head torch directly.

There might be two models - as I recall ExpertShield sending me two samples a few years ago - via a request for testers on here. I tried both on my X100 and one was crisper in low-light and the other better in strong light.

I say speak with Scott, as I back-ordered for the X100s and that specific item was not listed online - as it is different to the one offered for the X100. Maybe the one I received was not "Gloss". Again, in the absence of the packaging, I cannot be sure I'm afraid :blush:

Sorry I can't be more definitive, but I'm happy to answer any questions you might have. Again, I'm super-happy with whatever one I received.....and it was certainly ExpertShield.

Sue,

I'd recommend having a chat with Scott (Mainline manager) tomorrow. ....
Sorry I can't be more definitive, but I'm happy to answer any questions you might have. Again, I'm super-happy with whatever one I received.....and it was certainly ExpertShield.

Thanks for the advice, Mark. I'm not ready to buy a new camera now, I lashed out and bought an ipad mini yesterday, instead. (don't ask) So, perhaps later in the year. I'm seriously contemplating the Q7 twin kit when it arrives, so will probably be up for it then and I'm guessing thats not going to be for a while :) I'll email Mainline today and see whats what, in any case.

Anything back from Mainline?

Congrats on the ipad Sue, but I didn't suggest buying a new camera..... Are you looking to me for an excuse :laugh1:
Ended up not emailing them, I'm going to use my unused antiglare ipad screen protector which is useless on the ipad3 (also, I am useless at applying large screen protectors without dust and bubbles.. small screens, fine, large screens UGH)

I'd love to use you as an excuse to get a new camera! However my finances are now severely depleted (16GB RAM and a new ipad mini as well as an impending electric bill tends to do that!)... and in any case I can't decide what I want next. So making do with what I have.

Back