Sony "Lubrication" on the 18-55mm lens?


New Member
I never noticed it before. I was putting on my 18-55mm lens and noticed what looked like hand lotion on it. Then I noticed that there were three identical strips all the way around the mount. The only thing I can think of is this is some sort of lube. Does anyone know what it is? If it is lube, it's not doing a very good job since it doesn't seemed to be in a contact point between things that need to get lubed.


Hi there, I'm quite clueless to what this may be, I've never heard of this at all on any lens. Would you be able to post a photo showing this? It might help us help you better