Leica Lucy.....

christilou

Legend
Our new/first grandchild, Lucy Kathryn Violet. Born yesterday at 10.21 7lbs...... expect to see more! M240 50mm Summilux ASPH

L1009708-Edit-2-2.jpg

L1009690-Edit-3.jpg

L1009685-Edit.jpg
L1009685-Edit.jpg

Milestones. Wow. Congrats!!

Mom and Lucy seem to be doing well, definite relief I'm sure.

Oh, and superb photos - with the 50mm Summilux? (Well, this *is* a photog forum. ;) )

Milestones. Wow. Congrats!!

Mom and Lucy seem to be doing well, definite relief I'm sure.

Oh, and superb photos - with the 50mm Summilux? (Well, this *is* a photog forum. ;) )

Thanks Carl, I took the M and 50mm Summilux to the hospital but reclaimed my Sony A7RII whilst I was there! I took a few pics with the Sony and the FE55 1.8 and looking at them side by side in Lightroom I found that although the Sony was less grainy and the lens very sharp, I found the resulting images to be much less "human" so to speak. For me, this is where the Leica scores, a much more organic photo emerges :) Not that I want to give up the Sony either.

That organic quality is a difficult-to-quantify but important characteristic. It could be that beyond a certain performance level, you might have to choose either greater accuracy or evocative rendering. That's my suspicion, anyway.

Beautiful. Perfect focus on the eyes. Of course, Lucy is looking at You.

What happened to the Sony? Not that being stuck with a Leica is a bad thing- now that Sony uses uncompressed Raw I was looking at the A7RII. I deal with enough "Bricked" computers, the A7RII isn't old enough to die of natural causes. I still have 20+ year old Digital cameras that work.

Beautiful. Perfect focus on the eyes. Of course, Lucy is looking at You.

What happened to the Sony? Not that being stuck with a Leica is a bad thing- now that Sony uses uncompressed Raw I was looking at the A7RII. I deal with enough "Bricked" computers, the A7RII isn't old enough to die of natural causes. I still have 20+ year old Digital cameras that work.

I was happily using it with the FE85 1.4 GM when an error message came up advising me to turn off and on again..... it doesn't fix it and the error message stays on until I take out the battery (which incidentally doesn't help reset it either). When I take the lens off I can see that the sensor is completely covered with what is probably the shutter. A gentle nudge has not shifted it either so it's probably off to Sony..... I wonder how much they will charge for repair though :(

My Sony A7 bricked when a firmware update failed halfway through.

I thought it was finished or needed a trip to Sony, but then a week later after sitting with no battery, I put battery back in, turned it on and it mysteriously was working again.

Have you tried taking out battery and leaving it alone for a few days? Small chance, but it might come back to life.

My Sony A7 bricked when a firmware update failed halfway through.

I thought it was finished or needed a trip to Sony, but then a week later after sitting with no battery, I put battery back in, turned it on and it mysteriously was working again.

Have you tried taking out battery and leaving it alone for a few days? Small chance, but it might come back to life.

I did wait a few days but no go..... ended up paying £117.00 on 20th December for a standard repair, but as of yet there is still no sign of it's return!

Back