Lumix 100-300 Just arrived - will I like?

I hope this is in the right forum.. but I just received my new Lumix G 100-300 for Wildlife, Birds etc.. will I like? all suggestions, tricks and advice are welcome.. I got bored and thought taking shots of Birds and Wildlife would be different.. Please give me your advice if you have experience with this type of photography..
Thx,
Doug

Oh Mr. Doug.......you're in for a treat. It's a bit heavy, but obviously for a lens that long that's just physics. I really had fun at the zoo with that monster.....
View attachment 49758
Penguin portrait by Lukinosity, on Flickr

In strong light, you need no tips. In lower light....learn to brace yourself for some stability or consider a monopod. Enjoy!
Great shot Luke.. and yes.. I have been told it's a great lens.. I took a couple of test shots today with G3 and I was VERY impressed.. I didn't have much time with it, however I was like WOW.. is this for real.. I will post some shots when I get the time to spend with it.. thanks for the reply.. I think I'm in for a treat as you say... coming from you that makes it even that much better..
Thanks much..
Doug

click on the share tab.....below the size menu, select BB code instead of HTML....highlight text , cut and paste.
Hope it's clear. I'm going to bed, but will look for photos in the morning.

While "purist" streetphotographers will hate me for saying this, but long telephotos are great for capturing candids without interfering with the "moment." The difficulty lies in having a clear line of sight given that you'd have to be much farther away from the subject.

Back