Micro 4/3 LX100 rear screen repair

Atom Ant

Regular
Name
Adam
Does anyone have any experience with replacing the rear LCD screen of the LX100? Mine has been damaged so that I can't use it to adjust settings. I can still use the camera to take photos because I always use the EVF for that, but I prefer the screen when playing in menus.

I have emailed Panasonic in AU, but this close to Christmas I suspect they'll be slow in responding.

The camera always lives in its Panasonic leather case, other than when it's in use, so I was wondering how I managed to damage it.

I think a Peak Design anchor may be co-responsible. There is an anchor on the left lug. The design of the case means that there is a void between the pads that the anchor fits in without any drama. However, it looks like I may have been careless one time because the injured point on the screen lines up neatly with where the anchor would press if it got flipped around.

Given that I never attach a PD leash to this camera (the anchor is there in case I want to) I think the anchor is coming off. The anchor on the right lug can stay - it is used for a PD cuff and it hangs safely beyond the case.

Does anyone have any experience with replacing the rear LCD screen of the LX100? Mine has been damaged so that I can't use it to adjust settings. I can still use the camera to take photos because I always use the EVF for that, but I prefer the screen when playing in menus.

I have emailed Panasonic in AU, but this close to Christmas I suspect they'll be slow in responding.

I have; actually my replacement of the screen is currently work in progress. I keep forgetting to finish it off. There is an instructables set of instructions which are pretty much on target. I got the replacement screen via Aliexpress for about $150 IIRC.

I have it all connected up and it works. Just need to finish off the putting it all back together. A Christmas hols project I think.

I have; actually my replacement of the screen is currently work in progress. I keep forgetting to finish it off. There is an instructables set of instructions which are pretty much on target. I got the replacement screen via Aliexpress for about $150 IIRC.

I have it all connected up and it works. Just need to finish off the putting it all back together. A Christmas hols project I think.
Thanks Andrew. I've seen some instructions online that describe removing a squillion tiny screws and had a really quick look at online sources for screens. If Panasonic's quote is remotely competitive them I'll consider using them; otherwise I'll just have to hope that the online instructions are good.

Back