Panasonic LX5 is in troubled waters!

I understand what you're saying, Don. I'm am always using the small focus point - 99% of the time. It may be habit but that's what I prefer. It's fine if the camera stays on but I do understand the annoyance - and more than that for the kind of pictures you often go for. It is very silly and counter productive for Panasonic not to have the controls stay put.

Nah..... I'm gonna take Ray's advice and just use it where I can.
This has been an issue with me since day 1.
I posted here first day....

I am loving the GF1 more as the daze go on...

I hear you Don. I too always want the camera to get out of the way and let me capture what I see as easily as possible. I've been flirting with a Sony A33 and its an amazing camera, but I'm thinking its gonna go back because its just more than I want to haul around. Even carrying it and feeling its weight may be "in the way" - not sure yet. And given how amazed I am with your vision, PLEASE don't use anything that will get in the way of THAT! I may be wrong, but I think you may have shot that reflection of the building in the puddle along the curb when Emma and I were there, just before we were heading back to the train. You were shooting something down toward the ground to the south along 15th I believe, into the light, and I recall thinking "I wonder what he's seeing over there" but having a lot of faith that it would probably be something good. And if it was that shot, it was more than good. I was over shooting the obvious shots of a mummer or two, a street vendor, etc, and 20 feet away, you were nailing this incredibly beautiful shot of a reflection in a puddle! PLEASE keep whatever camera(s) keep the most direct line open between your heart/eyes and the sensor when stuff like that presents itself to you!

-Ray

Ray, your 100% right. Funny thing is I made almost the exact image last year at the parade but it was just slightly off...
When I saw the scene...I immediately rediscovered the image....
I used the GF1 and the 20mm. All I had to do was raise the camera and set the SMALL AF target at just the right place........

hmmm.... Thanks for your appreciation of my work and you do know that those feelings are completely mutual.

Thanks to all you fine photo shrinks.
My meds are working better today.
The LX5 is safe and sound and not being evicted from the camera bag.
Looking at the images is enuff to convince even me of the merits of this camera...
Thank ya kindly....

Jason,
I feel for you. I had the Pen 1&2 as you know and sold them for that reason alone.
The GF1 is my current lover....
Shhhhh...Da wife gets pissed when I say that...
Don

Back