Panasonic LX5 n00b gets camera, averts disaster

Yeats

All-Pro
Name
Chris
Hey all, I received a like-new LX5 3 days ago, and so of course the weather since then has been mostly cloudy and rainy! :rolleyes:

However, I have been able to play with the camera a bit and am learning it's abilities, nuances and limitations, as well as some of my own. :D

Yeats_P1030100.jpg

katydid_P1030034.jpg

cabbage_white_butterfly_P1030063.jpg

eastern_tailed_blue_butterfly_P1030012.jpg

The last photo was taken with the Raynox DCR-150 attached.

Thanks, fellas! I was lucky to catch the evening sun as it came though the window and set his eyes aglow. I know the bug shots don't exactly play to the LX5's strengths, but it is fun to experiment!

Thank you! That one is a katydid.

I don't care what Katy did. Those photos look great! I, too arrived late to the party and ordered an LX5 today. Looking forward to getting my paws on it and taking some photos. I love my GRDIII (for many reasons), but wanted something a little more flexible for when I'm just hanging out and goofing off.

Thanks for sharing!

Those are super! The macro function of that camera is definitely something to enjoy.

Thanks!

I don't care what Katy did. Those photos look great! I, too arrived late to the party and ordered an LX5 today. Looking forward to getting my paws on it and taking some photos. I love my GRDIII (for many reasons), but wanted something a little more flexible for when I'm just hanging out and goofing off.

Thanks for sharing!

Yep, that Katy did sure get around! ::D The LX5 is a sweet little camera, and I can honestly say that I hardly miss my DSLR while using the LX5 within it's zoom range. I may still be caught in the clutches of new-gear euphoria, though.

Nice work.

Thank you!

Back