Panasonic LX5 shots from my yard

voyagerec

Just bought my Panasonic LX5 a week ago. I'm extremely delighted with this cam. I can not tell its images apart from my DSLRs when shot in raw format.

Here are two shots from my yard.

P1010124-1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

P1010125-1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nice job!

After looking more closely at a short list of compacts (in-store: LX5, G12, S95, D-Lux-5, V-Lux-20), I'm taking my wife to the photo shop this Wednesday, to try out the LX5... I hope we come home with one.

What memory card type is most recommended for this camera? And, should I be looking, also, at a separate card reader? If so, which do you recommend?

Cheers,

Andrew

I use a 4GB class 10 SD SanDisk Extreme SD card. I had it already and it has been just fine for me. The card reader I use is the SanDisk MicroMate which I bought from Amazon for not very much money.

I use Transcend cards (specifically 8GB SDHC) - a bit cheaper than the sandisk/lexar equivalents and never had any problems with these or their other products. Don't use a card reader.

Andrew,

I use Sandisk cards only now. I once has a othe brand CF card failed. But no failure on Sandisk so far.

Also, using separate card reader is much better than connecting your camera directly to your computer. Just get one that support all the cards you may have.

Eric

Back