Panasonic LX7/D-Lux6 General Thread

Azon

Regular
Let's post recent snapshots captured with LX7 or D-Lux6 (given they are essentially the same).

this one for start!
"Spring drops"

405.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm actually beginning to like the LX7's "iAuto" mode better than my Olympus cams for chasing my granddaughter around the room. Here's one shot in iAuto that I like. Yes, I touched it up a bit but the jpg engine and exposure system did a very good job.

8594173218_14724fe670_c.jpg

Hannah: Stop me, I'm eating cardboard... by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

And for something completely different, arms outstretched through the outer foliage of this huge shrub/tree whatever it is. 3 shot bracket, HDR then monochrome treatment.

8587731826_14bec89af9_c.jpg

Beneath the Giant Shrub by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

John,
nice pictures. And very nice little lady:)
Why you started to use iAuto?
I switched from jpeg to RAW and you are opposite? Or there are some advantages for fast action in this mode?

John,
nice pictures. And very nice little lady:)
Why you started to use iAuto?
I switched from jpeg to RAW and you are opposite? Or there are some advantages for fast action in this mode?

Ha ha! I am still primarily a RAW shooter.

You got it exactly: it seems that the camera does a better job of choosing focus that way. Probably, I could change some settings and use another mode but it's easier to just switch to iAuto because I don't have to pay much attention.

These aren't critical shots -- but I'm surprised at how well it does.

Yes, this camera continues to surprise me every day and I like that!
Didn't tried iAuto but did shoot a lot in jpeg in A.priority. Now mostly in RAW. Details are amazing thanks to the LENS! Ergonomics, size, ability to use external flash from our m43 (don't think I'll use this option but tried it out:) everything besides sensor is great... But the size depends on a sensor so I like this compromise:)

electrician-1000485.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back