Panasonic LX7 + Kiwi Tube + LWA52 Wide Angle Adapter

Yeats

All-Pro
Name
Chris
Despite the rave reviews, I was hesitant to upgrade to the LX7 from my LX5 because I wanted to be able to use the LWA52 WA adapter. Then last month I found out about the Kiwi Tube, which is analogous to the official DWM-LA6 tube adapter for the LX5. The Kiwi tube does not snap into the LX7 tightly, but it works well enough.

The combo works well enough, although there is, naturally, major keystoning due to the 18mm FOV.

View attachment 66755
houses on lk musconetcong P1030144 by Yeatsy, on Flickr

Yup, that's it. The only issue I've encountered is the tube does not "snick" into place. 1/10 of a turn will release it, so I'd advise holding in place while shooting.

The only think keeping me from ordering this conversation is a E-M5 and E-PL5 and the Oly 9-18mm. For ultrawide I'll probably just pick them up.

However, I wish I'd had something ultrawide on my woods walk looking for that mill. I could keep the tube and lens in my car and I'd have them when I need them... [no... must. fight. GAS.]

But seriously, for me it defeats the purpose of the LX7 for me -- nothing but the camera (and a cheap tripod in the trunk when needed, lol).

Back