M 4/3 Newbie from Greater Manchester UK. Hi

Judderman62

Veteran
Name
Mike
Hi All

Name's Mike and I been using cameras for some 34 years or so starting with a Kodak 110 film camera , before going on to a Canon AE-1.

Had various digital cameras and now have 4 DSLR's, a Canon G10, a Pentax Q, an Olymous OM1 (35mm film) and today bought a Panny GX1

Main areas of interest, photography wise, are dereliction and abandonment, historical buildings/heritage and in last couple of years Goth/steampunk/war time/1940's type events and the wonderful folk attending these.

Fancy dabbling in street photography but not sure I'll have the courage :(

That sounds like a fair old collection of cameras! Here's hoping that you like the GX1; there's certainly plenty of great lenses available for it. I'd be interested to see pictures from some of the subjects you describe. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome Mike. Really, the bigger m43 cams aren't that much smaller than the K5. Anyways, the ethos here is if you consider it small enough, then it is. The site is about inclusivity, not exclusivity. I've been posting shots from my new K-30. Start sharing some of your favorites.

Hi and welcome Mike

Steampunk and streetphotography are also main interests of mine, though admittedly I lack the courage for street hence my images are never any good :tongue:

I like Toddy - 'tis a nice area with a nice old world charm about it. Also home to the Abraham Ormerod centre - where a certain Doctor staretd in general practice and is believed to have started his murdering ways before moving to Hyde.

Oh and yes I have been inside it - took 3 visits before we found a way in :

4761010554_212c11c3ed_z.jpg

I like Toddy - 'tis a nice area with a nice old world charm about it. Also home to the Abraham Ormerod centre - where a certain Doctor staretd in general practice and is believed to have started his murdering ways before moving to Hyde.

Oh and yes I have been inside it - took 3 visits before we found a way in :

4761010554_212c11c3ed_z.jpg

Ha ha! Excellent! I was unaware of any of that story until you just told me this. Very cool.

The only urbex stuff I did was in Keighley and I got caught. They were very nice, let me continue photographing, and gave me tea afterwards and I say only in the UK, lol. That set is here if you're interested-- it's the old Dalton Mills where the mill scenes for the mini-series "North and South" was shot.

Back