Leica M and Df and OVF and good coffee and 42.5

mike3996

Hall of Famer
Apr 2, 2018
Finland
I guess the ball is now rolling. Made some inquiries into some F/S posts people made.

Have to say this has an extremely unpleasant air to it, where did my GAS go and if it did, why am I pushing things forward?

mike3996

Hall of Famer
Apr 2, 2018
Finland
I made an offer about an 85/1.8 D and let that decide my fate: if the seller accepts, then I'll get the Df to go with the lens. If the seller refuses to sell for the lower asking, then I leave things be for the fall.

And I thought he won't go for that because he had the thing priced somewhat competitively (I didn't lowball my ask either, just a little shave off of the shipment and whatnot).

And I had a nice good Sunday worry free, thinking I can dedicate the summer to my Leica and love what I have.

But blasted, at the last minute the seller returns accepting my offer so I guess I'm giving the Df a go! :confused-95:

mike3996

Hall of Famer
Apr 2, 2018
Finland
Argh I went to take a shower and there I so desperately thought things over and wanted to call the whole thing off. :D

It is so hard to get ready to face the music, it's as if I just got news I was going to be a father or an uncle at the very least 😵

BrianS

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
You're better than I am.

I would buy a hard-to-find fitted camera case, then use that for an excuse to buy the camera.

The Df is a "one-of-a-kind" camera. Keep it in good condition, and you can sell it if you do not like it. I just looked through last year's vacation shots: all with the Df. Had to travel lighter than in the past, so took one camera outfit. Lots of use for the AF-D 20/2.8 and 200/4 Ai.

BrianS

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
Funniest camera to go with the case- bought a Nikon S3 from my favorite dealer, pulled out the case to put the newly acquired body into.
He was more impressed that I could find the proper case in advance for it than buying the camera.

mike3996

Hall of Famer
Apr 2, 2018
Finland
Hmm... I think I'll get a normal zoom for the body because sometimes that has its appeal too.

Which one, or plain forget about these "G" lenses? :)

24-85 G VR for 360 €
24-120 G VR for 450 €

Ok, went for the 24-85 because of the weight. I have time to shop for better ideas later on...

Last edited:

BrianS

Legend
Jul 7, 2010

There are a lot of very good AF-D lenses. The 28~70 F3.5~F4.5 was one of the original lower-cost Aspherical Zooms. This was a $300+ lens.

mike3996

Hall of Famer
Apr 2, 2018
Finland
Not too bad! :)

I'll check what is what with the G lens and I can always return it.

Nothin' but a G thang.

Yeah I bought that son of a gun because 80 bucks is like half a Leica lenscap or something.

Last edited:

mike3996

Hall of Famer
Apr 2, 2018
Finland
Oh my. Registered to NikonCafe and witnessed the thread about older, cheap lenses and seeing heaps upon heaps of great looking lenses with sample images. I think I'll be in trouble soon :D

BrianS

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
I probably have 60 lenses in F-Mount. Probably another 40 in S-Mount, LTM, and Contax RF Mount. A collection started 42 years ago.

Quit NikonCafe just so you won't see a barrage of images from Nikon lenses..... HA!

Abandon all hope ye who enter this forum...
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

mnhoj

gee aahrr
Jan 27, 2012
Los Angeles
John
I thought to myself, this is the best thread title of the year but I really don't have anything in common except coffee.
Little did I know it's really all about old Nikkors. I almost teared up thinking about them and the Cafe. :biggrin:

There are a lot of very good AF-D lenses. The 28~70 F3.5~F4.5 was one of the original lower-cost Aspherical Zooms. This was a $300+ lens.
This.
Excellent right into the sun too.

Latest threads

Top Bottom