Leica M and Df and OVF and good coffee and 42.5

I guess the ball is now rolling. Made some inquiries into some F/S posts people made.

Have to say this has an extremely unpleasant air to it, where did my GAS go and if it did, why am I pushing things forward?

I made an offer about an 85/1.8 D and let that decide my fate: if the seller accepts, then I'll get the Df to go with the lens. If the seller refuses to sell for the lower asking, then I leave things be for the fall.

And I thought he won't go for that because he had the thing priced somewhat competitively (I didn't lowball my ask either, just a little shave off of the shipment and whatnot).

And I had a nice good Sunday worry free, thinking I can dedicate the summer to my Leica and love what I have.

But blasted, at the last minute the seller returns accepting my offer so I guess I'm giving the Df a go! :confused-95:

Argh I went to take a shower and there I so desperately thought things over and wanted to call the whole thing off. :D

It is so hard to get ready to face the music, it's as if I just got news I was going to be a father or an uncle at the very least 😵

You're better than I am.

I would buy a hard-to-find fitted camera case, then use that for an excuse to buy the camera.

The Df is a "one-of-a-kind" camera. Keep it in good condition, and you can sell it if you do not like it. I just looked through last year's vacation shots: all with the Df. Had to travel lighter than in the past, so took one camera outfit. Lots of use for the AF-D 20/2.8 and 200/4 Ai.

Funniest camera to go with the case- bought a Nikon S3 from my favorite dealer, pulled out the case to put the newly acquired body into.
He was more impressed that I could find the proper case in advance for it than buying the camera.

Hmm... I think I'll get a normal zoom for the body because sometimes that has its appeal too.

Which one, or plain forget about these "G" lenses? :)

24-85 G VR for 360 €
24-120 G VR for 450 €

Ok, went for the 24-85 because of the weight. I have time to shop for better ideas later on...

Last edited:

There are a lot of very good AF-D lenses. The 28~70 F3.5~F4.5 was one of the original lower-cost Aspherical Zooms. This was a $300+ lens.

Not too bad! :)

I'll check what is what with the G lens and I can always return it.

Nothin' but a G thang.

Yeah I bought that son of a gun because 80 bucks is like half a Leica lenscap or something.

Last edited:
Oh my. Registered to NikonCafe and witnessed the thread about older, cheap lenses and seeing heaps upon heaps of great looking lenses with sample images. I think I'll be in trouble soon :D

I probably have 60 lenses in F-Mount. Probably another 40 in S-Mount, LTM, and Contax RF Mount. A collection started 42 years ago.

Quit NikonCafe just so you won't see a barrage of images from Nikon lenses..... HA!

Abandon all hope ye who enter this forum...
Nikkor24_f28_1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
NIKKOR24F2.jpg
nikkor43_85_early.jpg
nIKKOR50f12_AND_55f12.jpg
NikkorSC_50_F14_1.jpg
NikonF_CliponMeter2.jpg
Nikkor_500F8.jpg
nikkor_105_4.jpg

Last edited:
I thought to myself, this is the best thread title of the year but I really don't have anything in common except coffee.
Little did I know it's really all about old Nikkors. I almost teared up thinking about them and the Cafe. :D

There are a lot of very good AF-D lenses. The 28~70 F3.5~F4.5 was one of the original lower-cost Aspherical Zooms. This was a $300+ lens.

This.
Excellent right into the sun too.

Back