Leica m240 purchase issue

I did check the cord on my M Monochrom charger: which has never been out of the box. I use my M8 charger in the house, and M9 charger for the car. It really is generic- I have my Dataman device programmer using the M9 AC cord at this moment.

Brian
At this juncture, I don't think the generic nature of the cord fittings are in dispute. I used my Nikon charger cord and it works. thanks for your confirmation using multiple cords.

I am going to have to check periodically to see if the seller decides to write something negative about me in the feedback section. If so, then matters escalate without apparent end. I hope that never happens.

I believe the M240 battery is more powerful and larger than M8 or M9...so those pieces are not interchangeable.

The 2-prong extension cord for the M8/M9 charger is rated for 7amps at 120v, 840watts. The charger itself draws 0.1amp at 120v. I suspect the cord would drive an M240 charger without need of a heavier gauge.

Not a problem. Probably charging at most to 10 watts. So at most maybe 1/10th of an amp seen, as pulled from a 120V outlet.

I never used the cord provided by the camera company. I used to be a buyer for a consumer electronic company and I have lots of spare cable that we ended throwing out due to one thing or the other. I kept some and I used them. They are all the same. The amount of current going to the charger are A/C current, rated for 110V probably not too many watts. It is not like trying to power a 2000Watts oven or heater.

I've had custom Lithium Polymer battery packs with chargers designed and manufactured for me, and chose to go with permanent cords. Keeps them from getting lost.

I've had custom Lithium Polymer battery packs with chargers designed and manufactured for me, and chose to go with permanent cords. Keeps them from getting lost.

Pet peeve: the AC/DC converting bricks that connect a device to the wall. Design the power conversion into the device, durnnit! I know many reasons not to including expedited design, power dissipation, e-m noise, etc. But a box that could have had the power supply built-in but doesn't ... errrr!

Carl

They are coming.... i've had some health issues and not completely sorted out. For now, reading how to set this thing up so colors come out right and figure out operation. Also , have to update firmware.

Patience...please.
Hap

I realize that...no problem. Just have pain issues and sometimes it gets to me.

When I have used the camera around the great outdoors around the house, I find I am struggling with the colors using my LTM Nokton 1.5. Colors are screwy , even if I use a grey/white card or set on one of the settings. Also, this camera does not meter like a Nikon. I can't seem to set it with an exposure compensation that renders faithfully in multiple lighting conditions. Of course, I am reviewing on the LCD....

You did a reset to whatever settings the last owner had going?

I just shoot mine, no thought to native colors ... Shoot slightly under to the exposure indication in the rangefinder window ... Anything special, I'll work in post. Hmmm.

Read through Overgaard pages on setting up m240. Changed many different settings but colors standard. WB.....best if you use a grey card.....but colors should not be so off imo.....

I'm not using ef2...yet but have one for the x vario

And yes....the seller eventually provided a US AC charging cord. A Leica battery for an m240 costs about the same as a gold brick of similar size.

Back