Leica m240 purchase issue

Overgaard wrote that it should be set to dng+jpegs fine. It came set to dng only. I assume that any lcd display is an ooc jpeg?

It seems that the most current firmware is 2.0.3.0 date 4/16. After a few tries and attempting to follow instructions.....I was able to successfully install, as seller never updated.

I don't know if it made much difference in color rendition on screen. At least the camera worked. CArl's sense that a slight under exposure resulted in a more "accurate" image to reality seemed correct. I made the change by going manual and underexposing as opposed to Live View and -EV.

Need to get outside and photograph some people and hope they don't turn out to be "redskins".

Is this better than my NIkon 7100 and an AF or manual fastish 50? Hmmm It's a much better shooting experience. I like the RF (red frame lines)...and yes I chimp for now. Using the LV and focus peaking feels like real cheating. Also, set on automatic focus aid. All this would make more sense if I put on the EVF.

I am amazed how well my Sony /Hasselblad Stellar(RX100I) shoots color.

If I asked for "votes"....LR, DXO, Capture One Pro.....I think I know what the answer would be.

I've never actually heard of anyone who bought the Sony/Hasselblad Stellar. It's just a Sony with a wooden shell that costs thousands more than the original Sony it is based on. Absolutely nothing else is different except for the wooden shell and Hasselblad nameplate.

Is there any reason you wanted the Sony/Hasselblad Stellar? Do you feel like you spent your money wisely?

When I first read about the Stellar I found it hard to believe that they would sell any at all.

I did not buy it at initial retail. Substantially discounted.

It's quite nice. Image quality no different. In fact hblad engineers altered the firmware some how so it could not be upgraded by Sony.

HI Carl

I wish I could say...very well. I am swamped with work and with wife gone for a while, taking care of house and pets. I practice around the house and garden to be "right" with the unit. Soon though I will gete out.

This is an old thread, but to me the AC cord would have been a non-issue. I have dozens around my apartment, or one can be bought for a couple of bucks. If everything else arrived in pristine condition, I would be very pleased and would be very happy with the seller.

Back